What's new
What's new

Mazak QT8N offset sharing between programs

Bluewater

Plastic
Hello! finally after reading through this site for years I have an issue I need help with.

1993 Mazak QT8N. T32-2 control. I added the EIA/ISO option. I do not have the programming manuals.

I bought this machine to do one specific family of parts until the spindle falls out of it. The other 8 machines in my shop are all 2005 and newer so I dont have any experience with this 90's mazak. The good news is that this family of parts all share features but each version is a little different. I am calling subsequent programs in a specific order so that set up for each different part number consists of only changing the next program calls. I'm doing complete part flow so I am turning the part around in the collet to do the 2nd side before pulling it out of the machine.

Here is the trouble.... When I switch each program they are using the Z zero from the first program in the series. This is not a problem until I flip the part and I need the programs to use a different zero position. I think its because I am calling each program as a sub program.

1 - Should I call each program as a sub program? It seems like there is a better way.

2 - Is there a simple G code or something that will allow me to use multiple programs against the same zero position?

I know with these machines there is a set up page for each program (which I really like) but I need to find a way to use common offsets. Or at least a first side off set and a 2nd side offset.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I program only using Mazatrol, and it's easy for the 1st program to call a 2nd, then the 2nd calls the 1st....looping that way.

Each program has it's own unique Z-offset (Mazatrol-speak)...

ToolCat

Back