Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Mazak QT8N offset sharing between programs

Hello! finally after reading through this site for years I have an issue I need help with.

1993 Mazak QT8N. T32-2 control. I added the EIA/ISO option. I do not have the programming manuals.

I bought this machine to do one specific family of parts until the spindle falls out of it. The other 8 machines in my shop are all 2005 and newer so I dont have any experience with this 90's mazak. The good news is that this family of parts all share features but each version is a little different. I am calling subsequent programs in a specific order so that set up for each different part number consists of only changing the next program calls. I'm doing complete part flow so I am turning the part around in the collet to do the 2nd side before pulling it out of the machine.

Here is the trouble.... When I switch each program they are using the Z zero from the first program in the series. This is not a problem until I flip the part and I need the programs to use a different zero position. I think its because I am calling each program as a sub program.

1 - Should I call each program as a sub program? It seems like there is a better way.

2 - Is there a simple G code or something that will allow me to use multiple programs against the same zero position?

I know with these machines there is a set up page for each program (which I really like) but I need to find a way to use common offsets. Or at least a first side off set and a 2nd side offset.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluewater View Post
    1993 Mazak QT8N. T32-2 control. I added the EIA/ISO option.
    I can't help you with your issue, but how did you add EIA/ISO?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I bought the option from Mazak and installed it. The procedure is super easy.

4. Likes Laurentian liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluewater View Post
    I bought the option from Mazak and installed it. The procedure is super easy.
    Can you give some more details of what they actually gave you and what the procedure was?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I program only using Mazatrol, and it's easy for the 1st program to call a 2nd, then the 2nd calls the 1st....looping that way.

Each program has it's own unique Z-offset (Mazatrol-speak)...

ToolCat

7. Likes Laurentian, Philabuster liked this post