What's new
What's new

Mazak QT-8 T2 Parameters help!!

Two Wheel Werkz

Plastic
I have a QT-8 I have been working on for a while now but I am now stuck and need someone with some knowledge of the parameters to explain how to get this machine to home properly or zero return. Little history, I bought the machine from a school auction and like most others it lost parameters from sitting with no power. I have most of the manuals & have a parameter list for the most part, a few state "set best value for machine". I have already changed the batteries out, been through the initialization process, entered in parameters by hand. At this point machine would alarm out with "excess servo lag" on X axis, traced it down to bad X axis card. I purchased used Axis card, got it installed and no longer have any alarms or issues of that sort.

Problem is I cant get the machine to zero return properly, by that I mean I push the home button on panel, move axis away from home and the machine will try to home but overshoots and hits the hard limit over travel.
Here i s what I have tired, went in and measured to locate correct home position from center of spindle. Moved machine to predetermined location, changed bit 7 for OP10 to a 1 (1000 0000) power down control, power back up with control showing home and you can move it out of home and back into home, but when I power down & changed OP10 back to (0000 0000) it is back to where the machine will not home. I have the explanation & descpription of almost every other parameter except for the OP parameters.

I have searched high & low but have not been able to locate the info I am looking for.
So if anyone could offer any info that will shed some light on my issue I would greatly appreciate it. Only been messing with this thing for over a year now......

I have a QT-8 I have been working on for a while now but I am now stuck and need someone with some knowledge of the parameters to explain how to get this machine to home properly or zero return. Little history, I bought the machine from a school auction and like most others it lost parameters from sitting with no power. I have most of the manuals & have a parameter list for the most part, a few state "set best value for machine". I have already changed the batteries out, been through the initialization process, entered in parameters by hand. At this point machine would alarm out with "excess servo lag" on X axis, traced it down to bad X axis card. I purchased used Axis card, got it installed and no longer have any alarms or issues of that sort.

Problem is I cant get the machine to zero return properly, by that I mean I push the home button on panel, move axis away from home and the machine will try to home but overshoots and hits the hard limit over travel.
Here i s what I have tired, went in and measured to locate correct home position from center of spindle. Moved machine to predetermined location, changed bit 7 for OP10 to a 1 (1000 0000) power down control, power back up with control showing home and you can move it out of home and back into home, but when I power down & changed OP10 back to (0000 0000) it is back to where the machine will not home. I have the explanation & descpription of almost every other parameter except for the OP parameters.

I have searched high & low but have not been able to locate the info I am looking for.
So if anyone could offer any info that will shed some light on my issue I would greatly appreciate it. Only been messing with this thing for over a year now......

May not be a parameters issue?

Are you 100% sure your homing limit switch is not sticking, failing, or improperly adjusted?
As the machine comes to home position, the dog will hit the switch and the axis should decelerate.
The roller on the switch will come OFF of the deceleration dog and should open circuit.

Try checking that signal back at the terminal block with a DMM while you manually actuate the switch.

If no signal at the TB:
On the QT-10 there are four JIS/phillips screws and a cover over the switch box.
If your QT-8 has the same switch, pull that cover and probe the wiring there?

Got your PM. I will post a pic of the description of the OP parameters I have later tonight, but I do not think I have any info past OP6.

Sounds like the issue could be the Z limit switch is sticky, which is a common occurance. Have you tried cleaning it and verified with a meter it is working properly? Do the simple stuff first.

Got your PM. I will post a pic of the description of the OP parameters I have later tonight, but I do not think I have any info past OP6.

Sounds like the issue could be the Z limit switch is sticky, which is a common occurance. Have you tried cleaning it and verified with a meter it is working properly? Do the simple stuff first.

I must have same documents you have, I have up to OP6 but nothing after that....I have used the diagnostics to verify both z & x switches/wiring are working as should be.

When I change OP10 to 1000 0000 the machine will show home where ever you power the machine up at, regardless of position. You can move either axis away from home and then if you go back to original location the machine will recognize the home position.
When I change OP10 back to 0000 0000 I can not get the machine to recognize the home position and will over travel to hard stop if you try to perform a zero return.

When I change OP10 to 1000 0000 the machine will show home where ever you power the machine up at, regardless of position. You can move either axis away from home and then if you go back to original location the machine will recognize the home position.
When I change OP10 back to 0000 0000 I can not get the machine to recognize the home position and will over travel to hard stop if you try to perform a zero return.

These are for a Qt-8, I saved them from an older forum post when I first bought my QT-10 just in case.

I believe the parameters on the first image define your travels, but I'm not 100% sure about how.
I wonder if you maybe have a grid-shift issue. I don't know how grid-shift works on the T2, but I'm sure it's a parameter, like Fanuc.

4.jpg3.jpg

Anyone have any idea how to check the grid shift?
I read a little about it but couldnt find enough to fully understand it.

Can anyone verify if they have any other parameter for OP10, besides 0000 0000 I have came across a few pics of parameter pages and have seen a few variations so wanted to see if I can figure out what the differences are.

I have a QT8-SP which has a sub spindle. I just spent about 6 months getting it to run. My parameters for OP10 are all "0". Does your machine have the MR-S2 drive or are your drives separate? I have a PDF copy of a maintenance manual for the dual drive if you need it. When your machine is trying to home does it slow down when it hits the limit switch dog or just continue to rapid right over it?. Seems like if it is slowing down and not stopping it may not be seeing the grid signal after it clears the dog. If it is doing that on both axis it is less likely to be the cause. Attached is the parameter page from my machine that has the OP parameters on it. If there is any other thing I can help with let me know.

IMG_0537.jpg

I have recently acquired a QT8 which had not run for some time and the batteries were flat and all parameters have been lost.
By chance would you have the pages for parameters (some of which I understand may be machine specific) so I can attempt to get the machine running.
I'd be very happy to reimburse you for any cost involved.
Jim
Perth, Australia

Back