What's new
What's new

Mazak Quick Turn 200 sample g-code & Fusion360: help needed

Matabele1

Plastic
Hi all,

My company has a new (2016) Quick Turn 200 mill/turn lathe. Up to now we have been doing relatively simple turned parts using the machines interface/Mazatrol. We would like to start using more of the milling functionality but programming through Mazatrol is tedious by comparison, and our company cant justify the expense of the SolidCAM mill/turn bolt-on for the parts we expect to do. So long story short we are looking at Fusion360, but need a post processor for this machine to fully utilise its mill/turn functionality. Can anyone help with a post processor?

Failing that could anyone supply some sample mill/turn g-code off this machine that I could send through to a post processor developer?

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

There should be sample programs in your machine programing manual.

Hi! Sorry for this late reply, but I do appreciate your feedback. I had a look at the example programs but its going to be a lot of invested time in those I'd prefer to be putting into figuring out a post processor/Fusion 360.

Hi all,

My company has a new (2016) Quick Turn 200 mill/turn lathe. Up to now we have been doing relatively simple turned parts using the machines interface/Mazatrol. We would like to start using more of the milling functionality but programming through Mazatrol is tedious by comparison, and our company cant justify the expense of the SolidCAM mill/turn bolt-on for the parts we expect to do. So long story short we are looking at Fusion360, but need a post processor for this machine to fully utilise its mill/turn functionality. Can anyone help with a post processor?

Failing that could anyone supply some sample mill/turn g-code off this machine that I could send through to a post processor developer?

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Have you found which Fusion 360 post processors are closely compatible with a Mazak turning machine?

IMO you are right in trying to use cam for more than simple milling. The smart control in limited in the conversational milling and it is not always easy to debug your milling programs.

Back