What's new
What's new

Mazak remote (offsite/over internet) control

mada87

Aluminum
So I have a number of older mills and one lathe (2 with M plus controls, a M2 control, a M32 control, a M32B control, and a T2 control) and have this crazy idea of remotely controlling them.

I have a number of production jobs that have a longer run time, and since my shop is 30 minutes away from home it would be nice to monitor and control them remotely.

A security system setup is easy for monitoring what is happening inside the mill and another pointed at the screen could let you see what the control is doing (although pulling the video feed directly would be preferred), using soft keys, cycle start and feed hold would be the challenging part. Any ideas on if this can be done or if someone already has done something similar?

Thanks!

To start with you would need a gbs8219 to convert video signal to VGA.
Then you have to find something that vill transmit VGA over internet and som kind of relay board to control start/stop etc.

2 options that I have thinking about are to use something like in the link below and either point a camera at the screen or splice into and convert the video signal from the Mazak to input on the dvr.

8 Channel Security Camera System

Regarding using a relay to control start/stop and soft keys is the circuitry 24V DC on most of the control panels?

Back