What's new
What's new

Mazak SQT 15 MSY Dual Spindle TPlus- Coolant Button and Mf1

tzak

Aluminum
I have a 1995 SQT MSYii with a T-plus control. I had some training over the weekend which got me up to speed some more on the controller. However the person instructing me noticed a couple things that he wasn't sure if it's just a Tplus thing or maybe a parameter turned off.

There is a COOLANT BUTTON next to the MACHINE button which does not seen to do anything when pressed. He seemed to think it takes you to a coolant menu. I want to find out if that is the case or if the button is no good or if it's turned off in the control.

The AUTO coolant button works if you program an M8, but you can't just turn the coolant on/off manually in AUTO mode is that normal? Not in Auto the manual coolant works fine.

There is also a button call MF1 which also doesn't turn on. He mentioned that you need to press MF1 at the same time a MACHINE to get into the machine menu. However I can just press MACHINE and it goes right into that menu.

Just want to get a sense if it's a keypad membrane issue or something like parameters.

Hope someone can help, thanks

I have a 1995 SQT MSYii with a T-plus control. I had some training over the weekend which got me up to speed some more on the controller. However the person instructing me noticed a couple things that he wasn't sure if it's just a Tplus thing or maybe a parameter turned off.

There is a COOLANT BUTTON next to the MACHINE button which does not seen to do anything when pressed. He seemed to think it takes you to a coolant menu. I want to find out if that is the case or if the button is no good or if it's turned off in the control.

The AUTO coolant button works if you program an M8, but you can't just turn the coolant on/off manually in AUTO mode is that normal? Not in Auto the manual coolant works fine.

There is also a button call MF1 which also doesn't turn on. He mentioned that you need to press MF1 at the same time a MACHINE to get into the machine menu. However I can just press MACHINE and it goes right into that menu.

Just want to get a sense if it's a keypad membrane issue or something like parameters.

you can check keyboard on DIAGNOSTIC screen if the button works, but you need to find this X input yourself, just going up and up X000 ...X001... X100..X101.. and so on . it it is not on electrical drawing as it is M500 Mitsubishi control system, MF1 was made by MAZAK as safety button ( or OPTION screen ENABLE function). So they made it as multifunction button and then, when someone gets hit by a turret, they will change PLC and and made some functions available ONLY if you press MF1 + some other button same time.

Say.. turret rotation when door is open. If someone is inside machine doing something, other person can accidentally press TURRET CW or CWW ( dont ask me how) but... in this case it can be only rotated with MF1 pressed same time. Then it depends on PLC version,if MF1 programmed or not inside ladder.

I opened up the panel and checked that the buttons are working with a meter which they are. Then I looked in the Diagnosis / Version / Diagnosis Monitor - IO monitor and found that at address X0150 Address 2 and 3 are the COOLANT MENU and and MF1 buttons respectively. And they I/O does turn on and off when pressed.

Does the MF1 button only light up when the controller needs it? The coolant button seems strange unless it was never programmed, or there is some other parameter to enable or disable the COOLANT MENU.

I have called Mazak and they have been helpful but now they have pointed me to Mitsubishi so I'll see what info i get from them. If you had any other checks let me know.

thanks

go into your PLC ladder monitor on your machine and search for this inputs. if PLC has anything to do with MF1 and COOLANT buttons, you will be able to find them inside. Check it. Search for -!!- this type of signals.

Is there any documentation for looking into the ladder. I don't want to mess anything in looking at these screens or menus.

MF1 and MACHINE is not related to the coolant on or off.

Using that function disables X and Z axis movement in auto mode but the chuck and turret rotation will function.
I have never had a need for this function but I have seen what it does.

Back