What's new
What's new

Mazak SQT 15 MSY Dual Spindle TPlus- Operation and Programming help

tzak

Aluminum
Our company recently purchased a used SQT MSY II with a T-plus control and dual spindle. I am familiar with the fanuc control on a 2 axis lathe but the Mazak multi axis is a whole new level. I have read through some of the manuals and am trying to learn Mazatrol. I know from what I have read in the forums once you learn Mazatrol it's very simple to create programs. But at this point I'm trying to get a baseline on where to start. I have watched a few videos online however I need to tie that all together with tooling setup and offsets to actually test some simple programs without breaking anything.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for either online tutorials or online training. I have found this company MasterTask simulation-based CNC training, an interactive experience. looking to see if anyone has used them?

Right now I would like to get basic operation and programming learned. Then the next can of worms is see what if it's worth getting a CAM package or not. Seems like as soon as you mention you have a mill/turn lathe the price for CAM goes through the roof.

Cheers

Most stuff can be done in mazatrol easier and faster than using cam on that lathe once you learn the basics of mazatrol. Pm. Me and I will send you some training info. Also mazak has training which is much better and cheaper than the course listed above.

We have used Mastertask. It is better than nothing, but barely. The students say it has a clunky interface and is easy to accidentally pick the wrong answer in some lessons. Buying cam software for that machine would be a huge waste of money.

I ended up calling Mastertask. Sounds like the owner is looking for a buyer as looking to retire. They have discontinued the online training and only offer the dvd training at a discounted price which is still very expensive. Hopefully between the info I have and what people can message me I will be able to learn Mazatrol enough to get some parts made. I don’t mind taking the time to learn it.

Back