What's new
What's new

Mazak - SQT10MS - Illegal Exception

mkalavitz

Aluminum
Hello,

Old granny Mazak SQT10MS

About 4 months ago, the machine was having problems with the T32-3 control. It came up, just did not could not touch buttons, etc. It was unresponsive.

So, based on communicating with Mazak, they ultimately recommended replacing the MC116 board in the backend.

Finally getting around to it, we replaced the board, re-initialized, and then loaded all of the parameters.

I thought we had it! The machine comes up fine, homes out, etc.

So, today, I was up to trying a simple hole drilling cycle. Just a simple program.

Each time, the machine goes toward the part. When it just gets to the face of the part to start to drill, the machine kills (literally, machining stops, spindle coasts to a stop, control stays on) and shows the attached Illegal exception on the screen.
-------
Illegal exception $0010
Error at or near $00029F96
-------

Then I had a discussion with Mitsubishi. He asked if I have a 411 and 419 cards. Yes, I have both. He said OK and he believes that the problem still resides in the MC116 board.

So, thinking that it was possible a chip, I took the chips that could be removed out from their socket on the OLD MC116 board and swapped them with the chips on the new (used) MC116 board. Fired it up...aaaaand....Same thing!

The only thing I have not changed out yet are the 2 larger chips on the MC116 board. They look like CPU's. I am considering trying this.

Any other ideas or recommendations? It turns out that I can get a refurbished board from Mit for $4,250 !!!!!! REFURBISHED...HOLY SH** !!
Not sure I want to put that kind of money into grandma here.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas of what I could look at.

Thank You,
Mike

Attachments

• 190507 - Mazak SQT10MS - Illegal Exception.jpg
    190507 - Mazak SQT10MS - Illegal Exception.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 154

Back