What's new
What's new

Mazak T2 EIA Control Issue regarding Memory (Error 404 >500 blocks)

I have a Mazak QT10n with T2 control with the EIA/ISO option. This is a running machine, I've recently programmed a handful of jobs at the control using Mazatrol. Anyway, we use MasterCam at work on our Lathes with Y axis, C axis and live tooling. I would like to get more proficient with MasterCam, so I decide I'm going to program the Mazak. Keep in mind, I have a post for this machine from MasterCam, so I shouldn't have a problem there.

1st Problem: I can't program Mazatrol anymore.

I sent a DNC program to the machine and got "ERROR 404, >500 Program blocks". The program I sent was just under 500 programming blocks, so I deleted all of my Mazatrol programs I'd written at the machine.

When I deleted all the programs, I lost my parameters. Not sure why, but when I delete the last program (so there are none), I lose my parameters, my tool offsets and my chuck data. No problem, I have a factory copy of the parameters, so I re-enter the parameters. When I try to program at the control, I still get "ERROR 404" when I try to enter a new program. I can't get past the first line.

2nd Problem: DNC enters cleanly, after 80 blocks. Before that it comes in a jibberish.

3rd problem: My material data is scrambled up. Not sure I can get a copy of this from Mazak.

Do I need to do a total reset of the control? Why does my machine still think it has more than 500 blocks loaded in it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. This machine still homes, the spindle still jogs, I just can't put a program in it.

I would start by re-initializing the control. MEAU or Mazak (or Google) can provide the procedure.

The FX784-8 and FX784-9 boards (or a single FX884) are the memory and program boards. So if a reinitialization try it two doesn’t take, it could be an issue with the EIA section of those.

Good luck with it,

ToolCat

Toolcat,

The Re-Initialize got me a little closer. I can now enter blocks of Mazatrol, but I don't have a tool changer (all positions read "0"). I have some corruption remaining in the parameters in a couple lines of the C Axis column and in M28-M31 that I can't enter "0" into. I'm going to try and repeat the re-initialization process to see if that clears it. I didn't read the voltage of the C100 capacitor to verify it went down to Zero volts, per the instructions, I will do that this time.

Thanks for your repsonse!

ToolCat for the win! I repeated the re-initialization procedure and I'm good to go. If anyone runs into this in the future, I can PM the factory bulletin outlining the procedure.

Back