What's new
What's new

mazak t3 spindle won't start with program

LccJester

Plastic
We have a 1986 slant turn 30-atc m/c with a T3 controller. We have revived after a 7 year slumber. When we put in a M3 or M4 command in MDI the spindle starts up no problem but when we try to run a simple program it will not start up. The program hangs but when we put it in dry run the X & Z will move to complete the program. No Alarms!!! Any help would be appreciated.

Do all your parameters look good? No asterisks or strange symbols? After 7 years it is amazing all your parameters are not corrupted or wiped out.

I had to reinitialize the controller and re install all the parameters after changing batteries. there were a few other bugs that I have worked out already just stuck on this problem right now. I will say I am a newbie to mazatrol but am amazed at the features the older machine has.

Are you running Mazatrol? If so, check to be sure you have a spindle direction specified in your tool data for the tool your program is calling. You might try writing a Mazatrol manual program to see if you can get your spindle to turn. I dont think it cares what your tool data says with a MNP unit.

thanks a million Gobo that was the ticket I was not aware of the spindle direction needing to be set in the tool data. I currently have a love hate relationship with this machine lol. I love what I have learned about it and hate what I don't know.

Stick with it and you will soon be a pro. Once you learn Mazatrol, you wont look back. It has its limitations for sure, but for simple and semi-complex work, it is unbeatable. I wrote my first Mazatrol program some 30 years ago. T-1 control. That machine had a robot loader.

I'm defiantly impressed with this machine already. The stuff I have figured out about it so far shows just how far ahead Mazak controls were ahead of Fanuc, but my next project will be waking up an Okuma that has been asleep even longer.

Back