What's new
What's new

Mazak t32b 201 breaker trip alarm help

beetman

Plastic
Went to turn on qt8 heard a pop then got a 201 breaker trip smoke came out of small 24 volt dc power supply replaced power supply get 24 dc now at power supply but still get breaker trip checked and triple checked all breaker all tested good maybe there is one I am unaware of I count 10 a 10 amp next to small 24 dc power supply 2 30 amp xy axis and contactors for coolant motor, hydraulic pump,not sure on 3rd contactor for it is low amps and do not have chip conveyor 1 50 amp for spindle and 3 glass fuses in spindle drive panel is there a breaker I overlooked also checked all ice cube relays all good get F1 e7 F2 e7 on servos e7 on drive.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Did you check the auxiliary contacts on the breakers?

I had this problem with a new to me QT-10 I'm working on.
The breaker passes current, but the auxiliary contacts failed. The control uses those aux contacts to determine if the breaker is closed, or open.

On my T2 control, the aux contacts are chained together through about 5 breakers. They are all closed when the breakers are closed (switched on).

*edit* If you check your wiring diagram, you can sort out which wire numbers the control uses to check the auxiliary contacts and which terminal block they go to. Then you can trace it from the terminal block to each breaker's auxiliary contacts. Remember they're probably in series.

I am having the same problem with my Mazak super quick turn 15m (mazatrol t32-3) it's giving me the alarm Breaker trip and I haven't been able to fix the problem.

Can anyone help me?

there is a swing panel in those SQT's
might be behind that
if it says "Breaker Trip"
there is a breaker tripped
unless as stated its a false indication by an aux contact on a breaker

I recently had that alarm on my SQT 18M. Searched for an actual breaker and never could find one that tripped. If I cycles power a few times (or alot of times) it would eventually fire up. One day it was acting up so I turned on the main breaker then flipped the switch on the QX084 board and payed close attention to the ice cube relays. One of them would click on, then release and I would have the 201 alarm. Looked through the electric book and found it was the work light. Powered the machine on and it had the alarm, so I turned off the work light and cycled power. It has turned on every time since then.

I recently had that alarm on my SQT 18M. Searched for an actual breaker and never could find one that tripped. If I cycles power a few times (or alot of times) it would eventually fire up. One day it was acting up so I turned on the main breaker then flipped the switch on the QX084 board and payed close attention to the ice cube relays. One of them would click on, then release and I would have the 201 alarm. Looked through the electric book and found it was the work light. Powered the machine on and it had the alarm, so I turned off the work light and cycled power. It has turned on every time since then.

after reading this i recall a similar ice cube event but it was a "thermal trip" alarm
there may be an ice cube giving you trouble

In a similar vein, has anyone had trouble with the mitsubishi contactor on the spindle drive? Mine opens up unless I blow a fan on it. I think there are some other ice cube issues too, but this is the one that I physically watched open up.

Part no: S-k65

Back