What's new
What's new

Mazak Tool Diameter Offset Parameters

tmead297

Plastic
Having trouble with some of my machines. Nothing is wrong, I'm just looking for uniformity. When I run any EIA programs, some machines handle the diameter offsets differently than the others. I have a VTC200C with a Nexus II controller, a VCM510C with a Smooth G controller and a VCM200C (could be wrong on that model) with a Nexus controller. When running EIA in those three, here's how the diameter offsets work: let's say I'm cutting a profile with a 1/2 end mill. Tool data says .5, ACT. CORR. DIA. (Lower right in the tool data page) says 0. If I want to comp the tool .001, I enter -.0005 in the ACT. CORR. DIA. This is how I'd like it to be. Then I have a three double beds (VTC200C with 640MN controller) and two VTC200B with Fusion 640 controllers. When running an EIA program with those, the offsets work like this: tool data is the same but I have to start out with -.25 in the ACT. CORR. DIA. Then to comp .001, the ACT. CORR. DIA. would have to read -.2505. Is there a way I can get these to match? I don't care which way they go. I'd prefer for it to read 0 and comp from there if possible. I tried F94, Bit 7 but that changed it to where I have to make my diameter offset in the tool offset page rather than the tool data page. Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

IF you want to only use ACT. CORR. DIA for your adjusts, set parameter F92 bit 7 to 0. This will turn off the mazatrol "ACT-DIAMETER" field. That is probably what's causing the need to put in the tool radius on some machines.

Back