What's new
What's new

mazak v515/40 electrical issues???

js engineering

Plastic
Hello everyone thanks for letting me join this is my first time joining any forum at all but i have been reading posts on this forum for quite some time and have helped me quite a bit over the years so thanks for that. quick bit about me im 34 as a kid i had a love of steam engines and decided to build one from scratch and that got me hooked on machining at a very early age as soon as i had enough money i set up my small business and have now been machining for the last 15 years. Earlier this year in march i decided to buy my first cnc mill to help me out. Right enough waffling from me now on to the mill and the problem i need your advice/ help with. From the start The mill is a 1995 mazak V515/40 with m plus control and 30 station tool changer always been fully serviced and well looked after it was still in production of the morning we picked it up it got transported the same day and was put into place, over the next few days it was levelled guards and tin work all put back on electrician come in and power connected. first day of operation had no tool change but everything else seemed to work checked hydraulics and very little pressure was at 200psi when it should be 1000psi thought may have blocked filter so decided to change oil and filter still only 200psi looked through mazak books no help lol. googled problem and it come up on this forum for another machine but found out my electrician had put the wires the wrong way round into the mill and the pump was running backwards phone call and 2 days later problem sorted L1 L2 L3 in the correct order. at this point covid had hit hard and lock down in full swing not had much chance to spend at work shop so only been going in once a week to fire my machines up and have a go at program the mill for a couple of hours. programming has been going good made some basic parts all was good until. 3 weeks ago came in powered mill up walk round and check all good until i get back to the control it wont home out no green led showing ready. turn control off and back on all is good homes out i use it for a couple of hours. next day same thing turn on mill walk round do checks go back to control wont home out no green led on ready switch off and on a few times all is good again use for a couple of hours. next day same again power up this time i stayed at the control same again wont home out no green led on ready this time it took a while to get it to home out switched the control on and off a couple of times still nothing so switched main power off and left for a few mins and power back up all is good but getting frustrated now lol. few days later power on no led wont home out power off then on again homes out lovely start running a program and nearly to the end and e stop 1 comes on look at control no error codes ect look round mill nothing spindle drives all on E7 emergency stop nothing looks wrong rest control and start machining again all good for about an hour then same thing happens so called it a day and shut mill down went home. next day power up wont home out no green led power off and on still nothing no error codes on nc look at spindle drives all displaying C1 C2 C3 C4 (ready on servo off) so power off and on a few times then main power off for a bit then power back up and all homes out and off we go for about 15 mins then E stop 1 2 and 3 come on check for error codes on nc nothing spindle drives showing F1 F2 F4 then flashes E7 on all so power down and restart all is good for 5 mins then same thing happens so power down until next day. next day power up homes out straight away lovely start writing a new program (machine on but idle) E stop 1 2 and 3 come on no error codes spindle drives show E7 hit reset fire up straight away carry on programming same thing happens again so phone cnc electronics engineer to come and give me a look. he tests the e stop circuit and a few other things cant find anything wrong he keeps pressing reset and all of a sudden it all works bit late now to start programming so power down. next day power up wont home out power off and on then main power off and back on a few times then eventually get it to home out then after 2 mins the nc powers off power back on look on alarm history E stop 1 2 and 3 375 parameter error then does the same thing again nc turns its self off check alarm history E stop 1 2 and 3 all servos say C1 C2 C3 C4. electrician comes out next day same thing power up wont home out nc switches its self off after 2 mins now so he tests power to nc and boards all checks out fine but still it powers off after 2 mins so he pulls the off signal wire from the qx084 board and it dont switch its self off but still get servo drives saying C1 C2 C3 C4 and no emergency stops at all. so this is where im at today sorry for the long post but need to tell everything as it may help with identifying my problem one thing i have forgotten is that when you push the buttons to home out axis it comes up with error 317 cant plus motion but it homes out regardless. if you have got this far reading thank you very much any help would be appreciated in helping me diagnose this problem

powered the mill up again this morning no faults showing on control still wont home out and after about 60 seconds the control powers off. So i hit the power on button again and this time as the electrician did i pulled the signal wire out of the qx084 board and the control stays on. while the control is on i had a look to see if any error codes on the system and there is nothing apart from e stop 1 2 and 3 it logged 2 minutes ago when the control powered itself off. i did notice that with no signal wire in the qx084 board the red led was lit for battery alarm this goes out when signal wire goes back in ( battery is 2.92v). Am i looking at a failing circuit board or maybe something in the control unit any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Hello everyone thanks for letting me join this is my first time joining any forum at all but i have been reading posts on this forum for quite some time and have helped me quite a bit over the years so thanks for that. quick bit about me im 34 as a kid i had a love of steam engines and decided to build one from scratch and that got me hooked on machining at a very early age as soon as i had enough money i set up my small business and have now been machining for the last 15 years. Earlier this year in march i decided to buy my first cnc mill to help me out. Right enough waffling from me now on to the mill and the problem i need your advice/ help with. From the start The mill is a 1995 mazak V515/40 with m plus control and 30 station tool changer always been fully serviced and well looked after it was still in production of the morning we picked it up it got transported the same day and was put into place, over the next few days it was levelled guards and tin work all put back on electrician come in and power connected. first day of operation had no tool change but everything else seemed to work checked hydraulics and very little pressure was at 200psi when it should be 1000psi thought may have blocked filter so decided to change oil and filter still only 200psi looked through mazak books no help lol. googled problem and it come up on this forum for another machine but found out my electrician had put the wires the wrong way round into the mill and the pump was running backwards phone call and 2 days later problem sorted L1 L2 L3 in the correct order. at this point covid had hit hard and lock down in full swing not had much chance to spend at work shop so only been going in once a week to fire my machines up and have a go at program the mill for a couple of hours. programming has been going good made some basic parts all was good until. 3 weeks ago came in powered mill up walk round and check all good until i get back to the control it wont home out no green led showing ready. turn control off and back on all is good homes out i use it for a couple of hours. next day same thing turn on mill walk round do checks go back to control wont home out no green led on ready switch off and on a few times all is good again use for a couple of hours. next day same again power up this time i stayed at the control same again wont home out no green led on ready this time it took a while to get it to home out switched the control on and off a couple of times still nothing so switched main power off and left for a few mins and power back up all is good but getting frustrated now lol. few days later power on no led wont home out power off then on again homes out lovely start running a program and nearly to the end and e stop 1 comes on look at control no error codes ect look round mill nothing spindle drives all on E7 emergency stop nothing looks wrong rest control and start machining again all good for about an hour then same thing happens so called it a day and shut mill down went home. next day power up wont home out no green led power off and on still nothing no error codes on nc look at spindle drives all displaying C1 C2 C3 C4 (ready on servo off) so power off and on a few times then main power off for a bit then power back up and all homes out and off we go for about 15 mins then E stop 1 2 and 3 come on check for error codes on nc nothing spindle drives showing F1 F2 F4 then flashes E7 on all so power down and restart all is good for 5 mins then same thing happens so power down until next day. next day power up homes out straight away lovely start writing a new program (machine on but idle) E stop 1 2 and 3 come on no error codes spindle drives show E7 hit reset fire up straight away carry on programming same thing happens again so phone cnc electronics engineer to come and give me a look. he tests the e stop circuit and a few other things cant find anything wrong he keeps pressing reset and all of a sudden it all works bit late now to start programming so power down. next day power up wont home out power off and on then main power off and back on a few times then eventually get it to home out then after 2 mins the nc powers off power back on look on alarm history E stop 1 2 and 3 375 parameter error then does the same thing again nc turns its self off check alarm history E stop 1 2 and 3 all servos say C1 C2 C3 C4. electrician comes out next day same thing power up wont home out nc switches its self off after 2 mins now so he tests power to nc and boards all checks out fine but still it powers off after 2 mins so he pulls the off signal wire from the qx084 board and it dont switch its self off but still get servo drives saying C1 C2 C3 C4 and no emergency stops at all. so this is where im at today sorry for the long post but need to tell everything as it may help with identifying my problem one thing i have forgotten is that when you push the buttons to home out axis it comes up with error 317 cant plus motion but it homes out regardless. if you have got this far reading thank you very much any help would be appreciated in helping me diagnose this problem
Interesting post and the problem is not an easy one I think. As I understand, it must have a control board that is monitoring its work. Have you checked it? One of my cousins has an industrial machine and had a problem that sounds the same, but it better will bed to contact some professional electrician and check it. The problems were with the engine, that after the start it was reconnecting for a time, and they were stopping again, it was not working for a long time. We tried to find out how to solve it but was not able to do it. After a time we were recommended to check with Electricians | Electrical Contractors - Charlotte NC - [24/7]. Then they found out that one of the capacitors, had some damage, and it was working incorrectly. At that time I had the option to replace it, and start working normally in a few hours, or wait and replace for a new one, but will receive in a few days. Finally, decided to repair that one. It is working until now really nice and never had problems with it.

Back