What's new
What's new

Are Mazak VMC's supposed to exhaust air from the spindle all the time ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Seems dumb if so, best to leak air only when spindle is turning.... anyway to change the "eternal air leak" situation ? (2008 Mazak 410-II)

I have a 2008 410b it will stop the air blowing through the spindle after about 30min of the spindle not in use. I also wonder if this is required and or adjustable.
The spindle chiller will cycle for around 1 hour when the spindle is not in use. I wonder if that is adjustable?

I have a 2008 410b it will stop the air blowing through the spindle after about 30min of the spindle not in use. I also wonder if this is required and or adjustable.
The spindle chiller will cycle for around 1 hour when the spindle is not in use. I wonder if that is adjustable?
Interesting....it did stop blowing air at one point and I assumed it magically fixed itself... but as you say it only shut the air down after some idle time and resumed leaking the next time I ran the spindle (and after stopping) Bet there is a parameter to change the air time.

Last edited:
What ended up being the homing issue?
Something ridiculously simple.... I was assuming since the MPG hand pendant required pressing the yellow button on the side to activate it didn't matter if the axis selector switch was set on X, Y, Z ...or 0 ..... turns out it has to be on zero regardless...then the home works as it should ! One dope slap to me :dopeslap:

Same story here, I believe it is intentional and does stop after so much time stationary. It gets a bit quieter when the spindle is oriented. I tend to orient mine when doing programming and not wanting to hear it as much. I think it may even stop faster this way but I may be wrong.

Back