What's new
What's new

Mazak vqc 15 servo lag excess.

Nikolaiownz

Aluminum
Hello.

My old mazak started throwing this error when I changes tool. It doesn't do it every time.

Anyone know what cause it ? I can restart the control and go again but it's getting annoying and I want to solve it.
7ba8c1578d0307138390a11b4c2847c8.jpg
b60066ca3b11efd20399fb7bf763e857.jpg

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk

servo lag tends to be when the machine is trying to run past the end of the screw or when its hitting an immovable object
which in turn tends to be bad numbers have gotten into code.
you probably need to reset machine zero numbers

servo lag tends to be when the machine is trying to run past the end of the screw or when its hitting an immovable object
which in turn tends to be bad numbers have gotten into code.
you probably need to reset machine zero numbers
Well it's weird it's not all the time. It's only sometimes when it goes to the home position/tool change.

I have no collision or anything

Well it's weird it's not all the time. It's only sometimes when it goes to the home position/tool change.
That's a fairly long rapid move ? On an older dc drive control you'd turn up the gain on the drive for that axis.

In fact, you should probaly run through the tuning procedure for all your drives, that will make the machine run better. Prior to digital drives (you said old mazak ?) that should be done periodically. Electronics drift over time.

That's a fairly long rapid move ? On an older dc drive control you'd turn up the gain on the drive for that axis.

In fact, you should probaly run through the tuning procedure for all your drives, that will make the machine run better. Prior to digital drives (you said old mazak ?) that should be done periodically. Electronics drift over time.
This is a 90s M32 control. Ok I will check up to see if I can find anything in the manuals about it.

I am fairly new to mazak so I have no idea [emoji44]

My Y axis is not long. 400 mm tops

My Y axis is not long. 400 mm tops
This is not necessarily what your problem is, because those helpful error messages often point in the wrong direction. But ...

Servos have to have a following error to work. When the axis is where it is supposed to be, then they don't move. When you give it a command, say, "go ten inches plus at a feedrate of 250 ipm" then there is immediately an error between where it is and where you told it to be. That's called following error and the control and drive adjust the current to the motor depending on how big that error is to speed it up or slow it down.

The computer has a range of following error it allows. If the amount allowed was zero then it would error out all the time because nothing can move instantaneously. But if the error gets too big, then the axis can get ten feet behind where it's supposed to be, which is detrimental to accuracy.

So the drives are adjustable. Analog ones are, anyhow, I don't imagine these are digital ? If they are, ignore everything I just said :)

What appears possible is that your electronics have drifted out of range, so the motor is not being goosed enough to keep the following error within tolerance, which generates an error message and shuts down the control. This usually won't show up in a real short move, like 1" or so, but 16 inches at rapid ought to be plenty of motion to get too far behind.

First thing I would do is get out the electronics manual and look for the procedure to tune up the drives. Do all of them so they are the same, then your circles will be rounder and your angles will be straighter. Being absolutely on the money is not as important as getting them all the same, especially X and Y.

You should do this anyhow because electronics do drift over time. The whole machine will run noticeably better if you do.

If you haven't done it before, it's useful to have someone who knows what they are doing do the adjusting while you watch and ask questions. Is ewsley near you ? It's worth the investment ...

Again, if your drives are digital then I'm all wet, ignore me :) This is what digital is supposed to avoid.

So I did digg alittle into the machine today.

There is two encoders on the y axis. One on the motor and one of the ballspindel. The spindel is run by a belt from the motor.

The only way the machine can get errors if its hardware related is if the belt is lose or woren out. Or one of the encoders are bad.

Because these two encoders are the only way the control knows where the machine is.

I will be looking for info about this belt.

I might see if I can provoke the error. It only does it if o change tool af full rapid. Not if I run slow so it indicates it might be the belt.

The one on the motor is a tach generator. The one on t he end of the ballscrew is the encoder. My understanding of servo lag is when the signal to move is given but not excecuted in an given time. Maybe try and slow your rapid down in the parameters and see what happens
I already know that slowing it down in rapid helps but I want to fix it. I don't want slow rapids.

if slowing the rapid helps you probly need to get the drive rebuilt
if it is only doing it in one particular spot you have some sort of physical restriction or coordinate error

just thought about fact on this mill it could be a failing counterbalance.
but that would be less of a chance probly

It only does it when going to home pos for tool change or just g28. It dosent do it all the time.

Is there counter balance on Y axis ?

I suspected a woren or lost belt for y axis or something.

I haven't seen the error any other place in the machine.

Back