What's new
What's new

Mazak VQC 20/40 Mazatrol M2 Freqrol PLG with external Encoder for orientation

mwyss

Plastic
hi all

After Replace the X Servo DRive i could Home the Machine for the first time...
Now i habe to trouble shooting the Spindle / Spindeldrive / PLG / Encoder.

I did clean the Spindle motor and the fan. i cleand also the Pulscoder Sensor. Probably now is to near at the tooth. I have more than 2 V on the PA / PB Channel...I cannot reduce with the gain pot lower. ==> I need to reopen the Motor and remove the fan and increase some space between the tooth and the sensor. will do that tomorrow. Signalform 2 Sinus with 90° offset is ok.

Then,
I checked the Encoder on the Spindle by osciloscope. CH 52/53 A / B rectangle Signal are fine. BUT it seems the Index pulse is from always 5V to 0v instead opposite (CH54) Very strange. Has someone a tip? At least the Index is here... Or is the Index cable wrong connected with the reversed Index signal to ch54??

Then, if i turn off Switch 6.2 OpenLoop Speed Loop, i still cannot increase Spindle Speed, yet the spindle turns at creep speed...and i can switch on and off.

Also with Switch 6.1 off Oriental test does not work...Probalbly because the Encoder Index signal is inverse..(above on osciloscope)Button 2 starts the spindel but never does stop, probably because index is not found..

Then another question: How does Mazatrol M2 Speed rpm send to the Freqrol...by digital BCD or Binary or 10V analog?

Last question again, Spindle should work without PLG (open loop mode) right?? Even the orient Encoder is not necessary?

I am very grateful for any hint!

Best regards
Martin

Today i adjusted the PLG Sensor, as asumed i did mount the sensor after Cleaning the Spindle and Sensor to near. Actually 0.005 mm gap.
I did use precision film tape. On my Sensor ther was written 0.25mm not 0.16mm as in manual. So i mounted with 0.25mm.
Now i could perfectly adjust to 1.45-1.55 Vpeak also checked with DMM 1.07V.

So PLG seems to work and the Encoder also......but Spindle does still not work. If Speed loop is closed i still get LED 14 excessive Speed Error. Where to look next?
What i dont understand, creep speed works in Open Speed Loop if i press Spindle start and stop...just only creep speed..

Could i try to look if Analog 10V Speed in would do somethinig? In open Speed loop i have also no failure on the Spindledrive...

Best regards
Martin

Regarding Digital Speed setting, this seems to be ok, i can see the speed rpm LED does match/change when i change Speed on the Frontpanel.

Today i checked all Voltage on Powersupply all fine.

Then i have a 6000er Spindle. If i command 3000rpm on Frontpanel, on CH41 -AGA (Analog Command voltage) is about 5V. So this seems also fine.

Then CH4-AGA and CH5-AGA reference sine waves are produced.

What else can i check tomorrow?

Only failure in Speed Loop Closed, LED 14, which mean, either PLG or CPU. But PLG is ok. CPU has no more failure i can locate...

Any clue?

Kind regards
Martin

Back