What's new
What's new

Mazak vqc-20/50b apc

e30turbo2

Plastic
Hi guys,

long time lurker, but I believe this is my first post. At any rate ,I just purchased a MAZAK VQC-20/50B at an auction with a pallet changer. does anyone know if I can remove the pallet changer to make the machine a bit smaller in footprint? Its going to be a tight squeeze in my overcrowded shop, and anything I can do to shrink it down would help.

Thanks

man 156 views and nothing! I know these aren't very common anymore, but I was hoping someone might have at least an idea. ....am I missing something in my post ?

well I pulled the pallet changer off of it today. 6 Allen bolts is all it took, now the next question is if the machine will run without errors minus the pallet changer. First I will need to remove some of the head to get it through my garage door though......

at this point i'm only posting to hopefully help someone in the future. these machines are going dirt cheap these days and someone else is bound to run into the same problems. anyway.... my shop has an 8' door , with the head down it will not fit. the opening actually measures 7' 10" and I need another 7ish. luckily for me I have a bunch of framing beneath the header for the opening. so im going to remove a short section of that and slide it in.

Back