What's new
What's new

Mazak VTC-20B eia program sending

131rally

Plastic
The VTC-20B has M-Plus and I have up- and downloaded the mazatrol programs by CMT succesfully. Now a friend of mine who uses VTC-200B with win-based Mazatrol (maybe fusion) made me a more complex shape with cam and e-mailed me .eia program. I use Mazview which didnt even see the whole program before I added the .eia to the list. Then it "see" the file, and I can try to send it to the VTC. But VTC is giving an error (which I dont remember now). I tried all different options and dont get what is wrong. At electrics cabinet I have memory module in thick paper letter, I think this is option uploading memory-module and there is a list of options. There is marked EIA / ISO option, so I think the machine should understand it. The .eia has a name as number 112244 and Im trying to call it with the number.

What Im doing wrong? The previous owner had assembled cable straight to electrics cabine, for some reason the CMT in control box dont work, I have tested it. I have secondary connection possibility in Quickturn at electrics cabine which you can use by changing parameters. I think somebody has done this to the VTC, but it should work alike.

Yes there is the EIA/ISO selectable too. How you people move the .eia progam to the VTC?

Sending EIA/ISO programs is done by standard RS232 protocol and can be done by and terminal program like "hyperterminal" that is included in older versions of windows.
If you are using Win 10 you can download it here http://hagstromsystems.se/_Files/hyperterminal.zip
Sending and receiving Mazatrol program is not that easy since Mazak uses a special protocol (CMT) and therefor you need a special program like Mazview.

When you send/receive a EIA/ISO program from a text file that can be read in notepad or any other text editor you should not use CMT as protocol, you should use ... I think its called "tape" in English. I have Swedish language on my machines and then its call "hålremsa" :)

When you have the file in the machine you can send and receive it to the computer with Mazview (CMT protocol) but the file can not be read and edited with a text
editor. If you want to be able to edit the program on the computer you should use a terminal program (tape protocol) and text editor.
All this information is based on my T3 and T32 machines but I think it is applicable to your machine as well.

Ok. I will test. I move the mazatrol files to the SQT and QT with "tape". But I will study this, I must get it working cause complex shapes are too hard to program with mazatrol.

Ok. With new sending program we got the eia programs to the VTC. But the Fusion 360 give incorrect posts. Wont work, when the first tool has brought, it just goes to Z home position and stops. Then we found one post from web, and changed the first lines. Now it works except some of the tools have incorrect Z. Why it dont use the tools library Z-positions for all tools?

I think we tried this with my expert-friend. And some of the tools get the correct Z, but not all. weird.

Back