What's new
What's new

Mazatrol 640T 121 Overtravel not releasing

jdecuirm

Plastic
Hi folks! I have a problem with a Mazak Slant Turn 50 with Mazatrol 640T controller. The problem started after the battery of the Control Panel (Silver and Black one) died. I had to buy a new one and change it just to find that parameters were missing. After two weeks of reading here and in other forums I found how to recover the parameters using the MAINTE tool stored in the HDD of the Control Panel.

After reloading the backup and the SRAM file, parameter errors went away and the problem left was a 121 Overtravel (+X, , ). After reading about it I found that parameters A9 and A10 are the limits of the X axis. One of the suggestions was that I should put 99999999 in A9 and -99999999 in A10 to eliminate overtravel error, but so I did, and nothing happened; I tried to move the turret in X axis but with no luck. I used the handwheel and the buttons down the panel in Jog Mode to try to move positive in X axis with no luck. I then pressed the machine button to use the soft key of OT Release and tried to move but no luck either! I'm attaching pictures about the error I'm having, hopping you can help me in any way! I also called the Mazak tech guy but here in Mexico it's difficult to get help from them...

Thanks in advance for taking your time reading my thread!

Folder of pictures in One Drive:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!An9mJi7aNoa2g5RyGfdnxMs_sf736w

After making a parameter change like this, did you kill the main power to the machine twice? I was told by Mazak when we make these changes, main switch off for 5 seconds, on for 5, off for 5, on for 5, off for 5 then power it all back up. I ran into the same issue you did for another parameter change and this worked for me. Otherwise check out the proxy the slide runs across. It could have gone bad. I like to switch z and x around, if the alarm is then in Z, then its the proxy. Hopefully this helps!

Back