What's new
What's new

Mazatrol 640T vs Mazatrol 640T PC Fusion

Its the best lathe control there is hands down mazatrol is so easy and has great features like single process has loads of memory and ways to monitor program cut time for each process giving you a break down ect, best control I've used on a lathe yet and ive used quite a few.

It's ok. Major advancement over previous mazatrol but matrix 2 is another giant leap ahead again. Personally on a integrex (640mt vs matrix2) I like the new format. It's more like a machine center with turning capabilities. It's confusing at first if you come from the old controller but so much better. Still yet to see the new smooth x controller with touch screen though.

This particular 640T sit atop a dual turn 20. No live tooling or anything complex there, so I reckon it should be just fine.
Machine was bought on auction and will be a "project" machine. I will post some pics once I get it delivered tomorrow. I will have to do a complete strip & clean and I am sure going to need some (read lots of) advice/ motivation down that path. Budget is near zero, but I hope to get her good over time.

Does anybody know if there is a difference between these two?

took me a while to understand myself. 640 Fusion is control where actual NC was put behind
screen, unlike T plus where screen and NC control M500 are separated. That is why FUSION, Screen+NC+Windows to run it. It is based on 640 NC designed by Mitsubishi.

T- turning
M-milling
TM-do both
Pro -series is more advanced, does like 5 axis machining in ISO.

lots of funny stuff coming from Mazak is just marketing. Like they would call it obscure or
with some capital letters to introduce new product, ahead of competition. At one stage they
introduced number 8 into their machine names, sort of H500 became H8500. Apparently 8 in
Japanese is a lucky number and visually looks like mountain, must have been thinking getting
lucky in case to many 8s.

Back