What's new
What's new

Mazatrol CAM T-2 Chasing Threads?

Pete Deal

Titanium
I just finished a job with some od threads- single pointed. Trying to get the threads as burr free as possible after cutting the threads I have been retracing the od profile with the v shape od turning tool, including the chamfer and the undercut at the shoulder and then going over the threads another time after that. It seems to do a nice job cleaning up most burrs especially on the end chamfer and the undercut at the shoulder. Is there a way to get Mazatrol to go over the threads just once? The least number of passes it will accept is 3.

Pete On a part I was making I wanted to do the same (one pass) grease spiral in plastic. It was not possible in a mazatrol threading unit like Phil said. If you are doing quite a few of these threads it might be helpful to get some full profile threading inserts for this. Leave a thou or so on the major and the full profile insert will clean it all up the last pass.

Thanks guys! The full profile inserts would help with the main od but my main issue with burrs on these parts were on the front side chamfer and the the undercut on the far end of the threads. I figure the full profile inserts would not really help here. This was only 320 parts so the extra operations did not hurt me too much.

Back