Login to Your Account
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    West Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Mazatrol CAM T-2 Chasing Threads?

I just finished a job with some od threads- single pointed. Trying to get the threads as burr free as possible after cutting the threads I have been retracing the od profile with the v shape od turning tool, including the chamfer and the undercut at the shoulder and then going over the threads another time after that. It seems to do a nice job cleaning up most burrs especially on the end chamfer and the undercut at the shoulder. Is there a way to get Mazatrol to go over the threads just once? The least number of passes it will accept is 3.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Deal View Post
    The least number of passes it will accept is 3.
    Yep, 3 passes is the minimum with Mazatrol. Initial pass, finish allowance pass and final pass.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pete On a part I was making I wanted to do the same (one pass) grease spiral in plastic. It was not possible in a mazatrol threading unit like Phil said. If you are doing quite a few of these threads it might be helpful to get some full profile threading inserts for this. Leave a thou or so on the major and the full profile insert will clean it all up the last pass.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    West Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys! The full profile inserts would help with the main od but my main issue with burrs on these parts were on the front side chamfer and the the undercut on the far end of the threads. I figure the full profile inserts would not really help here. This was only 320 parts so the extra operations did not hurt me too much.

5. Likes cnctoolcat liked this post