What's new
What's new

Mazatrol Cam T-2 Tool Path or hacks to control the path

_EMF_

Plastic
I just bought a mint QT -25 and am just familiarizing myself with the programing. I'm pretty good with my T-32 and getting better with the T-plus. I use the TPC to avoid my tail stock with those systems. However I can't find TPC in the T-2. My guess is it wasn't developed yet. Is there a way to tell the tools where to start cutting or was running the tooling into the tail stock just a thing back in the 80's ? Thanks in advance for any help or tricks. Like I said this thing is in like new shape and I'd really hate to put any nicks in it.

Okay so I define the O.D. max in the first line of the program to say 6". The tail stock is is under that.

1) do I have to use that 6" diameter in the CPT X line in the first bar out line?
2) will it return the same path and not take a short cut diagonally through the tail stock?

Thanks for the quick reply. Seems like this is a simpler answer to using the tpc in the t-32 and t-plus. unless you wind up cutting air. I'm going to go try it.

You can use whatever CPT you would like and it wont do air cutting

IIRC Edge and internal features will not look at OD max, but they shouldn't be used with a tailstock anyway.

Awesome videos. I've been watching them all night. Things that are confusing me are. the material settings in the the lathe cutting conditions. Are they pre set? I tried adding 4140 and it doesn't show up when I try to write a new program.not that it matters I'm just used to punching the material in and having the pre set numbers. More convenient.

Awesome videos. I've been watching them all night. Things that are confusing me are. the material settings in the the lathe cutting conditions. Are they pre set? I tried adding 4140 and it doesn't show up when I try to write a new program.not that it matters I'm just used to punching the material in and having the pre set numbers. More convenient.

I think I figured it out. there's about 4 materials that are pre set in the machine. Then you can enter your own. They are high lighted in a different color and don't show up on your display while you're writing a new program. You punch in the number and that becomes your material.

Back