Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

what about that funky "Handle" toggle switch on the T-2?

2. Likes Philabuster liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    what about that funky "Handle" toggle switch on the T-2?
    My smaller lathe has the jog handle, but the larger lathe has touch pads instead--both machines have the T-3 control.

Disadvantage to the jog handle is you cannot move the machine in a 45° angle like you can with the touch pads, but that's about the only drawback. The jog handle is more "positive" than holding down a touch pad, meaning your finger doesn't always push the pad hard enough to engage it, whereas the jog handle works no matter what.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is another toggle switch that is located between the axis select toggle and the turret index button. It is labeled "handle". I will get a picture of it up.

5. Likes Philabuster liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i did a really basic one a while back (beware it's a shitty video) to help out a bloke on here - and a lot of people have found it helpful since, so probably the same info in a good video would be handy.

YouTube

7. Likes Philabuster liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is another toggle switch that is located between the axis select toggle and the turret index button. It is labeled "handle". I will get a picture of it up.
    Got it. Yeah, mine has that switch too. I was told it was used to back off the machine during actual cutting is occurring like when roughing out castings that had too much stock on them if you were running a CPY process. No, I never use it and was told to leave it alone.

This switch was apparently deleted along with the joystick as my other T-3 control (the one with the pads for X and Z) has none of these features.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Philabuster View Post
    Shot some video a week ago and again this past weekend. We have the intro video finished and about 5 more additional videos to edit so far. Going to be a few days until everything is finished and ready for prime time though.
    Well, things are going slower than I expected. My buddy has been extremely busy with his own projects lately. This is usually his off season, but gotta do the work when it shows up.

As such, I've started to buy my own camera equipment, new computer and editing software and tried my hand at making my own videos. It's a LOT of work to do it right but the results are worth it in the end.

I still need to get a few more videos edited before I can go live with the channel, then the plan is to put out a new video each week or so.

So yes, this YouTube adventure will happen, I just gotta be patient for a little while longer.

10. Likes cnctoolcat, edge22, Jmaks, xa-mont, Pete Deal liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Curious, what software suite did you buy for your video work?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Curious, what software suite did you buy for your video work?
    I bought Vegas Movie Studio Platinum per my friend's recommendation. The base version did not do multiple cameras.

The video editing software was almost the cheapest thing I have bought so far at only $60 and it works great.

VEGAS Movie Studio – Best video editor for beginners

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos on how to make YouTube videos.

13. Likes Gobo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Phil

out of curiosity, do you have EIA on your home lathe? setting up drip feeding would be nice to see if you are able to?

also the basics of setting up tools and the like.

I'm currently looking at a couple of SQT-10MS machines running T-Plus. both have live tooling - and while I have an M2 on my VQC, I mostly run it in drip feed mode.

key tasks for the lathe will be OD/ID/ grooves/ chamfers/ threads and then some offset holes/ keyways and cam follower slots etc

think of total newbie

cheers

Mick

15. Likes Philabuster liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sophtayl View Post
    Hi Phil

out of curiosity, do you have EIA on your home lathe? setting up drip feeding would be nice to see if you are able to?

I'm currently looking at a couple of SQT-10MS machines running T-Plus. both have live tooling - and while I have an M2 on my VQC, I mostly run it in drip feed mode.

key tasks for the lathe will be OD/ID/ grooves/ chamfers/ threads and then some offset holes/ keyways and cam follower slots etc

think of total newbie

cheers

Mick
    You'll be sweet with mazatrol for all that stuff Mick.

Send me the details of the machines your looking at and I'll give you my thoughts on them if you like.

Cheers,
    Trav

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

17. Likes Philabuster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

awesome Trav- Ill send you a PM

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Phil

think of total newbie

cheers

Mick
    I do have EIA on my Mazak lathes at home, but I never use it. WAY too easy to use Mazatrol instead. No clue how to even set up a drip feed system. Drip feeding is needed on the mills not the lathes.

I ran through the tool basics already in one video, but I probably need to do more videos on just that subject alone for different tool types.

My machines at home do have C-axis capabilities, but I'm concentrating on the lathe side of things for now. The milling side on the older C-axis lathes is nothing like an actual mill program. Bolt hole circles are simple, but doing actual milling is more point-to-point type of process.

The Integrex with the Smooth-X controller I run at work is actually setup as a mill first that also does turning. It is a pretty bad ass machine. That said, I still like to run the old 1986 QT10N ATC/MC (sitting directly across from the Integrex) for simpler jobs that don't need to go across the Integrex.

I'm doing some maintenance on my machines while I patiently wait for my friend to finish up his portion of the videos. After that, I will turn on the channel. I have videos on turning, facing, drilling, boring and OD grooving so far. Again, I've only scratched the surface. I'm sure the feedback I get on my videos will help me make better videos in the future.

20. Likes yardbird, cnctoolcat, Pete Deal liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No obnoxious music please.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think he should say BOOM at the end of every sentence :P

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No music in the videos at all actually.

My friend just got his new computer last night so he will be able to finish up his portion of the videos hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by xa-mont View Post
    I think he should say BOOM at the end of every sentence :P
    PLEASE let me know if I'm even remotely irritating like that clown.

24. Likes xa-mont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Phil

think of total newbie

cheers

Mick
    You'll work it out in no time Mick. I'm only a ph call away to get you started. Or I might come for a bit of a ride lol