What's new
What's new

Mazatrol M32 QPC OR origin problems - cant seem to figure it out.

Nikolaiownz

Aluminum
Hey

I cant find anything in the manuals i got.

Ive been using my mazak with EIA since start but i kinda want to digg into mazatrol. i cant seem to find out how to set my wpc? in the mazatrol program.

I can manualy inout some numbers (from the machine origin but that seems kinda odd that i need to switch back and forth and compensate for tool lenght in my numbers) but how to i use my 3d taster/edge finder to teach inside the mazatrol program?

I guess g54 is only for EIA?

If anyone have some mazatrol programming manual for m32 af pdf or something it would be awesome.

Noone that can tell me how to set wpc origin in a mazatrol program? :willy_nilly:

is still havent figured out how to tech/touch with my 3d taster other than in the g54 offset and manually put them in the mazatrol program.

Use your edge finder and take it to the X coordinate of your job. On the command screen look at the numbers for the X position. This is your X zero + or - half the diameter of the edge finder. This is the figure you type in your WPC for X. Do the same with Y. With Z you do the same but whatever numbers come up you add the length of your edge finder. Once they are in all your programming is done from those zero points

So there is no way to teach it inside the mazatrol program editor? i have to go outside to command screen and then go back to the mazatrol program editor and type it down and then write it into the program?

Not that I have found but maybe someone that has had proper training may know. I am pretty much self taught so still very green

dosent look like there is any proper trained mazatrol people.. i see why... this control is fairly weird if you ask me.. i forsure is never gonna get another mazak :p

bring your edge finder down to the part, then go into the program. hit mdi> wpc measure> wpc search> input so it brings the cursor down to the x coordinate> then hit teach. you can leave it blank (assumes 0) or type in 0 then manually offset it with increment input, or put in half the diameter of your edge finder and hit input and it will be correct.

Back