Mazatrol M32 QPC OR origin problems - cant seem to figure it out.
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    119

    Default Mazatrol M32 QPC OR origin problems - cant seem to figure it out.

    Hey

    I cant find anything in the manuals i got.

    Ive been using my mazak with EIA since start but i kinda want to digg into mazatrol. i cant seem to find out how to set my wpc? in the mazatrol program.

    I can manualy inout some numbers (from the machine origin but that seems kinda odd that i need to switch back and forth and compensate for tool lenght in my numbers) but how to i use my 3d taster/edge finder to teach inside the mazatrol program?

    I guess g54 is only for EIA?

    If anyone have some mazatrol programming manual for m32 af pdf or something it would be awesome.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    119

    Default

    sorry the typo in subject ment wpc

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    119

    Default

    Noone that can tell me how to set wpc origin in a mazatrol program?

    is still havent figured out how to tech/touch with my 3d taster other than in the g54 offset and manually put them in the mazatrol program.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    421
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    111
    Likes (Received)
    144

    Default

    Use your edge finder and take it to the X coordinate of your job. On the command screen look at the numbers for the X position. This is your X zero + or - half the diameter of the edge finder. This is the figure you type in your WPC for X. Do the same with Y. With Z you do the same but whatever numbers come up you add the length of your edge finder. Once they are in all your programming is done from those zero points

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sudsy55 View Post
    Use your edge finder and take it to the X coordinate of your job. On the command screen look at the numbers for the X position. This is your X zero + or - half the diameter of the edge finder. This is the figure you type in your WPC for X. Do the same with Y. With Z you do the same but whatever numbers come up you add the length of your edge finder. Once they are in all your programming is done from those zero points
    So there is no way to teach it inside the mazatrol program editor? i have to go outside to command screen and then go back to the mazatrol program editor and type it down and then write it into the program?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    421
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    111
    Likes (Received)
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaiownz View Post
    So there is no way to teach it inside the mazatrol program editor? i have to go outside to command screen and then go back to the mazatrol program editor and type it down and then write it into the program?
    Not that I have found but maybe someone that has had proper training may know. I am pretty much self taught so still very green

  7. Likes Nikolaiownz liked this post
  8. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sudsy55 View Post
    Not that I have found but maybe someone that has had proper training may know. I am pretty much self taught so still very green
    dosent look like there is any proper trained mazatrol people.. i see why... this control is fairly weird if you ask me.. i forsure is never gonna get another mazak :p

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    bring your edge finder down to the part, then go into the program. hit mdi> wpc measure> wpc search> input so it brings the cursor down to the x coordinate> then hit teach. you can leave it blank (assumes 0) or type in 0 then manually offset it with increment input, or put in half the diameter of your edge finder and hit input and it will be correct.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •