What's new
What's new

Mazatrol - Machining with C-axis brake rather than clamp?

Mokki

Plastic
As title suggest, is it possible to run with C-axis brake by adding M-codes in the operation?

Currently running a small part with 72 threaded holes around the OD, and by milling/drilling/chamfering and threading it's 4 tools x72 holes x20parts.
Safe to say there's too much downtime by just clamping and un-clamping C-axis between holes. Would be great if it could just run with the brake on.

Integrex I500
Smooth X

Parameter SU153 bit 6 will automatically output an M210/310 for C axis clamp when set to 0 (factory setting). If you set it to 1 and use an M211 in your program for the brake you should get one what you want. If the holes are pretty small I wouldn't even bother with the brake, the motor is plenty strong enough to hold position.

Parameter SU153 bit 6 will automatically output an M210/310 for C axis clamp when set to 0 (factory setting). If you set it to 1 and use an M211 in your program for the brake you should get one what you want. If the holes are pretty small I wouldn't even bother with the brake, the motor is plenty strong enough to hold position.

SU bit6 was on 0, changed to 1 and ran with M211 but it still clamps / un-clamp between each hole. Am I missing something? I've programmed using "C-point machining" if this matters.

Hmm if that didn't work, you can put an M214 in an M code unit before. That prevents the C axis from ever clamping. Once you're done, M215 will put it back to normal.

Hmm if that didn't work, you can put an M214 in an M code unit before. That prevents the C axis from ever clamping. Once you're done, M215 will put it back to normal.

Oh my lord, this did it! Thank you so much! Shame M211 didn't seem to work though, would make it a bit more tidy in the program.

Glad to hear it. Looking at that parameter description again I may have misinterpreted. I think that is saying whether you want the C clamped for regular XY point machining, not C axis point machining.

Back