What's new
What's new

Mazatrol Matrix Nexus - Sub-Spindle Misalignment?

Isak Andersson

Aluminum
Hello again. Now I'm having trouble with aligning the sub-spindle to the main. Basically, I want C0 on the main to correlate to C0 on the sub. For some reason, it rotates the part about 70 degrees when I transfer to the sub. Is there some kind of offset on the C-axis that I'm unaware of or is it a programming error? Thanks!

Sub-Spindle Transfer:

Drilling on Main:

Drilling on Sub:

Your current transfer mode is not taking the C axis into considering. Switch it to #4, C-axis position under spindle and then you will be able to specify the angle of C1 and C2. Anytime you need to maintain orientation between the 2 spindles you should use C-axis position for a transfer.

Thank you very much. Does this mean that the spindles won't rotate during transfer or am I reading that wrong?

When the transfer starts they will both go to C0 (or whatever angle you want), move to the part and clamp. If you are doing a cut-off you would then do a spindle sync beforehand to get them both turning. If you're just transferring from one chuck to the other, they won't rotate.

So there's no way to make them spin and orient at the same time? I'm worried if the spindles don't spin during transfer, chips might get stuck in the jaws. Also, I heard it gets less runout if the spindles spin but I'm not sure why that would be.

Not in mazatrol alone. I usually do a coolant or air blow off cycle before the transfer. If you have the air nozzle coming out next to the subspindle, M358 should blow air for a few seconds while the chuck turns to clear it of chips.

I do like doing the spinning transfer when I program in G code, but it's not super necessary. I've done plenty of tight work between spindles transferring with the chucks stationary without any problems.

Back