What's new
What's new

Mazatrol Mill programming question

SMT

Hot Rolled
Im doing a Step process. Normally I can make it work but im working with a rotated part (in the wpc). I have found that the normal SQR callout for your material won't work if the program points aren't already rotated.

I got points from the computer and imput the profile into mazatrol with a 45* rotation (since that's how these will be machined) It defaults to standard 0* orientation for the material description, so when I put some info there, it tries to rotate that 45* as well (and 45* too far in comparison to my part, which displays perfectly in the graphics)

I was wondering about the ARB callout (arbitrary?) Can I use that to describe my raw stock at a 45, then input my points and have the WPC rotate the entire thing 45* back so my rectangular stock is oriented normally?

The reason Im posting is that I can't seem to get the ARB to work. When I use SQR I put in the coordinates of the opposite corners and then next line starts the shape definition section. With ARB it doesn't transfer to the shape definition area, just continues adding raw shape description lines.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

If you put an angle in your WPC, everything after that will be on the angle... You program it just as if it was oriented straight, thats the whole point. I believe the part angle will not show up when you hit "check figure pattern" , but when you run the tool path, it will be on the programed angle. No trig necessary :-)

My M32 control does show the part rotation.

It also rotates the raw stock shape, which I didn't want. I just ended up moving the part on my cad file and took new points.

It worked but I'd still like to know how to use ARB for raw stock description. Even the manual i have (for a facemill process) shows an irregular shaped piece that mazatrol will machine and not cut any air but it doesn't explain at all about how to describe the material that way. SQR and CIR are the only two options that make sense and actually work.

Back