What's new
What's new

Mazatrol t-2 stupid lathe question.

skunkworks

Aluminum
We don't use this lathe too often and I am not too familiar with it. I programmed a part using both a left and right hand tool. There is about a .075" difference (part has a perfect .075" thick disk between the 2 profiles).. I don't see where I made the mistake. The second tool profile starts exactly where the first left off.

The only thing I can think of is that it is 2X the 1/32 nose radius?

Sorry for the vague stupid question..

It doesn't seem to show when you 'shape' the part but does seem to show when you preview the tool path...

sam

Make sure you have your rotation set correctly under tool data. Sure, the spindle might turn the right way, but there are two settings for each direction when
defining your turning tool.

We don't use this lathe too often and I am not too familiar with it. I programmed a part using both a left and right hand tool. There is about a .075" difference (part has a perfect .075" thick disk between the 2 profiles).. I don't see where I made the mistake. The second tool profile starts exactly where the first left off.

The only thing I can think of is that it is 2X the 1/32 nose radius?

Sorry for the vague stupid question..

It doesn't seem to show when you 'shape' the part but does seem to show when you preview the tool path...

sam

Need to post up some pictures of your program, tool data, and a shot of the tools themselves at the very least in order to help you. We have no way to know what is going on without them.

I would change the starting Z value on one of the profiles so there is overlap.

I've had similar problems (on a T1 mind you) with profiles not starting at the correct Z, or rather the first move of the profile when there wasn't a preceding operation that defined the length. I think it was TNR related. Mostly putting a lead in chamfer on an OD without a FCE or EDGE operation first. Without a prior operation I would have a small step where it made a z move to the chamfer line then went up and over which left a very small step the size of the nose radius.

Back