What's new
What's new

Mazatrol T Plus Illegal Sequence Data error messgae - help needed

Mark_Anderson

Plastic
After wanting to get into CNC for the longest time, I’ve finally pulled the trigger. I bought a Mazak SQT 15M with a T Plus controller and a Makino RMC 55 A 10 and set up shop in our home garage. It took some time getting set up, but the machines are finally up and running. Now all I have to do is learn how to use them. Oh the fear, what have I got myself into?

A bunch of you guys here on PM sold me on going with an old Mazak and learning Mazatrol. Found my Mazak at a machine shop down the street that was making room for some newer Mazaks. So that saved me some money on a long distance move for a 12,000 pound machine. One of their machinists comes by to tutor me on weekends when we’re both available. He’s really good and knows his stuff. To say I’m a newbie would probably be giving me too much credit, but the pieces are slowly coming together.

I got stuck on a simple part I’m making and hoping I can get some help here. I ran this particular part about a dozen times and it came out fine. I was reviewing the program and noticed that one of the FVs was highlighted with a light green box and it caught my attention. This FV was set at 836 (typo?) and the other ones were set to 750. So I changed it to 750 and the text highlighting disappeared. So far, so good.

But I must have inadvertently changed something else in the program because the next one of these parts I tried to run stops at PNo 5 with error message 609 Illegal Sequence Data. The message is 809 Illegal Sequence Data when I run a Tool Path Check. To the right of that message is ( 6, 6, 1) I’ve spent hours poring over the manuals and looking online but can’t figure out what it is.

Don’t know if this matters, but next to PNos 4 and 7 is a white plus sign in a blue box. Since the program makes it past P4 I didn’t think that would anything to do with it. But …?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The 6,6,1 indicates that the error is in program # 6, process # 6, line 1. Look there. Give us a screen shot.

Gobo,

Thanks much for your quick reply and info. At least I know where to look for the problem now. I hope the picture is resizable. Thanks again.

Mark

SQT Illegal Seq 042219.jpg

Attachments

• photo (006).jpg
    photo (006).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 235
It looks like process 6 mode should be a bar out, using the same tool you edge faced with. Did you accidentally change the mode of process 6?

It looks like process 6 mode should be a bar out, using the same tool you edge faced with. Did you accidentally change the mode of process 6?

Agree. In addition, the white plus sign signifies that the TPC for that unit has been changed from the default setting. Can you post a screen shot with the first line of the program?

Gobo and JHanko,

Thank you guys you're awesome. Didn't run a part yet but I checked the toolpath and don't get any errors. JHanko, I'd really like to blame somebody else but I'm the only one on this machine. So I guess I accidentally changed it when I toggled through the program after making that one small change. Gobo I attached a picture of the 1st page of the program. I'll go run the part and let you know if we got it.

Thanks again very much!

Mark
SQT Illegal Seq 2.jpg

Back