Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chad883 View Post
    I don't think so, the book for that machine lists bit 5 for S, MS Parts catcher - B axis home interlock.

This manual does give bits 1-4 as turret rotation interlock home, 1=X axis auto, 2=X axis manual, 3 and 4 are Z axis. I don't have any without Y axis to confirm though. Are you doing this in Mazatrol? If so try a manual process, all mine are not Mazatrol.
    I am using Mazatrol manual. And I have tried doing it manually. No luck.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by noname777 View Post
    does your machine have M348 ???

M348 PARTS CATCHER FORWARD->SS UNCHUCK->REVERSE

M349 PARTS CATHER REVERSE END CHECK
    I have always used M48 and M49. I will try M348 and M349.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I tried M348. It extends the part catcher, and then immediately retracts it. No retract command needed. kind of weird.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i sort have a ladder diagram for this machine, and sort of tried to identify where this parts catcher part of the ladder is looking at sub spindle home position made or not, didnt find it yet. Need a bit more time. I am looking at part of the ladder where R70.5 is making sense, cant find it. Somewhere PLC is looking at sub position and decides if parts catcher is good to move or not.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    I tried M348. It extends the part catcher, and then immediately retracts it. No retract command needed. kind of weird.
    I found it. Just have to upload two pics to show how it is done.

two electrical drawings for T plus SQT standard lathe, both have this R70.5 bit to run parts catcher without SS sitting at home (in electrical drawing where PLC parameters are explained). But ladder diagrams are different. First one has G1293 to bypass X223 ZP14.N ( that is NC control signal going from NC to PLC, I assume ZP - zero position. numerical and M54 is SS specification.) So when G1293 is ON, PLC will ignore ZP14. signal and activate G604 forward command.

Now... second picture, similar manual but it doesnt have G1293 attached to X223. And that is why some of SQT wont be able to move parts catcher until SS is at home.

You can got into your ladder and see a line for G604. If there is no G1293. No way you can move parts catcher unless ZP14.N is made.

Now, T plus is 1000000 years old mitsubishi M500 control and to modify ladder is very obscure business. If you had FUSION Mazak 640 control, than it could be done easily.

that is how i see whole story
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20181017_171030.jpg   20181017_171116.jpg  

6. Likes Gobo liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Excellent. I am turning this over to our machine tech. Will let you know if it works.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As to my recollection going back to 1997 the Mazak application personal (my teacher) did it by using a MNP, not Mazatrol when calling up the 2nd spindle identified as axis B and using several M500 commands to complete the connection.
    Although I must say I have never needed to make my SQT 15MS do what your asking.
    When synced be sure to use a custom tool change ZONE like #6 which is straight up to home X using TPC on each tool operation. They left (Mazak Applications personal) my R70 at 00100000 and was never altered all this time and my book had nothing defined in R70 and is the same as I saw a few posts back.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    As to my recollection going back to 1997 the Mazak application personal (my teacher) did it by using a MNP, not Mazatrol when calling up the 2nd spindle identified as axis B and using several M500 commands to complete the connection.
    Although I must say I have never needed to make my SQT 15MS do what your asking.
    When synced be sure to use a custom tool change ZONE like #6 which is straight up to home X using TPC on each tool operation. They left (Mazak Applications personal) my R70 at 00100000 and was never altered all this time and my book had nothing defined in R70 and is the same as I saw a few posts back.
    you can find heaps of old Mazaks where PLC parameters are not defined at all, but they are still involved in PLC setup. I bet it was done to protect SPECIAL FEATURES of Mazaks and allow only Mazak trained people to adjust machines. Later version of same machines would have more R parameters explained in sort of meaningful way but still..., I bet at, one stage Mazaky realized, that their secrecy gives them nothing but problems. Parts catcher is not a part of M500 NC control movements and that is why it runs under PLC ladder diagram.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by noname777 View Post
    you can find heaps of old Mazaks where PLC parameters are not defined at all, but they are still involved in PLC setup. I bet it was done to protect SPECIAL FEATURES of Mazaks and allow only Mazak trained people to adjust machines. Later version of same machines would have more R parameters explained in sort of meaningful way but still..., I bet at, one stage Mazaky realized, that their secrecy gives them nothing but problems. Parts catcher is not a part of M500 NC control movements and that is why it runs under PLC ladder diagram.
    you dont have to go M500, it is what it is, PLC parameter that ignores NC M500 B axis home position program switch. Mazaky people made for that particular reason, the other question is that some PLC ladder files dont have this bit. Period