Mazatrol Training Videos--Channel is now live on YouTube - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Phil this is Joe shmoe from U tube. The guy with the insert angle difficulties. Just saying Thanks.

2. Likes xa-mont, Philabuster liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by edge22 View Post
    Thank you for sharing your time and experience with these videos. I am an experienced Mazak lathe programmer and still enjoy watching. Now do you have a Mazak mill you can do a series on ? lol
    In my opinion mazatrol isn't half as good on the mill as it is on the lathe. I used mazatrol on my mill for a while, but found it much easier to just use CAD/CAM

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You've put in a lot of work on those videos. It's a shame that they don't get much views.

5. Likes Philabuster liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fancuku View Post
    You've put in a lot of work on those videos. It's a shame that they don't get much views.
    It's not the type of thing that you would expect a bunch of views on in a short time, but people will keep watching them for ages

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

7. Likes Philabuster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Philabuster View Post
    Like I mentioned in the other thread, I thought this video was worth posting here. Some people still struggle with how to calculate endpoints on a sphere in Mazatrol.

I am machining a sphere and I walk you through how to calculate the sphere endpoints and also how to machine it with two different tools. The rougher is a 55° diamond and the finisher is a 35°diamond. The 55° cannot rough out the complete shape, so I separated the rougher and finisher on separate processes so the 35° cleaned up the extra stock.

I was told my Mazak class was a full month away after my lathe was set up. 6:30 AM with a full cup of coffee, and the Mazak programming manual. I had a 2" bar of 6061 in the chuck and about 1:30 in the afternoon I pushed the green button. Almost crapped my pants when the turret rotated and moved. I had programmed a sphere almost identical to what you are showing.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

These videos are great. I do wish you had videos on a t plus control but I am learning a lot. I know Fanuc code and Mazak is just a whole new beast. But anyways thank you for the channel not many decent videos on Mazak controls out there.

10. Likes Philabuster, Fancuku liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

These videos are great. I've learned a lot from them, theory and practice, and some of it is just from the way you're using the machine. I didn't have anyone to teach me and your videos are filling in a lot of blanks. Best wishes.

12. Likes Philabuster, Fancuku liked this post