What's new
What's new

Microdisk is broken

Tom3197

Hot Rolled
Hey everybody,

Our Microdisk 94101WA finally took a dump.... Mazak no longer repairs (only sell new, for over 5 grand.... :crazy: ), I found a place in Cali that does it. Just wondering what everyone else's input is. Anybody ever had to fix one or get it fixed? Ours is giving a "disk read error". It worked on saturday, and now it doesn't.

Thanks,
Tom

it is proprietary magic box
we had a computer genius here that messed with it for weeks
no luck
if you found a vendor to repair go for it
there was talk here once of a stock windows program that would load and unload programs but it escapes me now

I have been using Ezatrol lite to back my programs up on the computer. It's a little over $200.00. They have another version that will work on multiple machines.
Michael

Well I got it fixed, but only because I had another broken one laying around.

I also found at that it didn't *just* quit working... the new co op knocked it off the table.

I noticed when I put a disk in and start a format it didn't make the usual repetitive "click" sound... it sounded like it was eating the disk. So I grabbed the old broken one (which I suspect has a power supply issue) and swapped the floppy drives.

Good as new.

However I think I'm going to look at the computer based Mazak software for downloading/uploading the programs. In my short talk with a Mazak tech, he mentioned you can also program mazatrol at your computer with that same software... If thats true it would be worth networking the whole shop and going that route. Going to put another call in to find out more.

Bonjour à tous, j'ai aussi un problème avec le microdisk Mazac 94101WA, il refuse de rentrer dans le menu paramètre et donc impossible de régler la date, l'heure et les vitesses de transfert entre autres.
La batterie est changée, neuve. Avez vous une idée pour résoudre ce problème ? peut être réinstaller le hardware, mais je ne l'ai pas, et je ne l'ai pas trouvé sur internet.

Merci pour vos conseils.

Back