What's new
What's new

Milling Flat on Mazak t-32 with and without Y axis

tzak

Aluminum
I am finally get more comfortable with my SQTMSY II.

What I'm trying to do is just mill a small flat on the end of a shaft with a 3/8 end mill. I'm not sure I have programmed it correctly but what seems to be happening is I'm getting a slight radius on the flat. So I'm not sure if the X and C axis are interpolating correctly or if it's programmed incorrectly. I have attached some photos of the program and a picture showing it's not really flat, hopefully they can be seen correctly.

I do have a Y axis on this lathe and wanted to know is there a setting to not use the C axis and only mill with the Y axis. I can't seem to find any information on that.

Hope someone can help thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1283.jpg
    IMG_1283.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 94
I've watched that video and it's helpful. But doesn't really explain the issue I'm having or how to run completely off the Y axis only.

Not sure if anyone would know but is it possible that my live tool is not aligned correctly? Just looking for some idea why my part is not coming out flat. I thought it might be a jaw not mounted correctly and it was out of center but seems like the part is running true. Any help would be appreciated.

Or how I can use the Y axis instead.

Indicate that endmill, needs to be in x and y 0. Then make a program, a hex from that videos or something that you can be sure of. See if flats are flat.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Ok so I figured out the issue. I was taking the touch off point for the X axis on the tool setter then taking half the cutter diameter. When it’s actually supposed to be the full cutter diameter. I found the information in the manual finally. Thanks for all the help in getting me pointed in the right direction.

I still don’t know how switch from using the C axis to the Y axis for machining. Any help with that would be great.

I still don’t know how switch from using the C axis to the Y axis for machining. Any help with that would be great.

I am real good on your subject when using only C and X with no Y.
The two pictures of the program I can't read due to poor resolution when I attempt to enlarge it.
If I can see the program with better resolution I can point out what is off.

I can't seem to upload a higher quality image. But I am looking for programming help for the Y axis and not the C axis.

I can't seem to upload a higher quality image. But I am looking for programming help for the Y axis and not the C axis.

If you just want to use Z and Y then you do not want to use "LCT" with XY imputs(Yellow) active as shown in your program. Off hand I don't recall the function so I will have to post later.

Back