What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi power supply repair

JHanko

Aluminum
After 10 years, it looks like my QT6T finally needs a significant repair. Can't complain though. The spindle power supply has been slowly dying, faulting out after a couple hours of use. A couple hours eventually turned into 1 hour, then 30 minutes, etc. Cooling fan inside the power supply is clean and operational. Troubleshooting with the Mitsubishi maintenance manual leads to the conclusion "replace unit". I found plenty of used units on eBay , but they all are located in China. Is Mitsubishi repairing these? If not, is there an authorized shop that does? Are new replacements available? Power supply is MDS-A-CR-55. I would like to remain down less than 1 week, if possible. Thanks!

Mitsubishi doesn't rebuild the "A" revision MDS drives anymore.

The "55" is the size of the power supply (5.5kw I think). You can use a larger-size MDS power supply, as long as it fits the space.

Once you get to a certain kw, the physical size of the power supply increases.

Any MDS- revision from A, B, or C1 should interchange.

Make sure you get a 200V class power supply (should be what yours is). Newer Mazaks can have the black 400V class power supply and drives...

ToolCat

I got lucky. Mitsubishi Automation is about an hour from my house. They had brand new power supplies for $1300 and rebuilt for $800 plus core. I grabbed a rebuilt supply. It looked like new and worked perfectly as soon as I hooked it up. Thanks for the help.

Back