What's new
What's new

MP620 T32-6 strange X-axis problem

benganboll

Hot Rolled
I dont know how to describe this problem that only seems to happen when the machine is warm (like 10 hours of work)
It will change a little bit in X axis and if I dont notice it it will change more.
All tools on that turret is affected and a reboot will reset it to normal.

In this film I have notice it when is "only" moved 0,075mm but I have seen 0,3mm aswell.
Before reboot X is at 0, after reboot X is at -0,075 but the turret have not moved.
(No there is no backlash at this axle)

Strange Mazatrol T32-6 problem - YouTube

I know this is going to sound like a weird question, but does it do it at random times of the day, or at the same time?

How did you find this problem, part sizes varying? Have you checked the x-axis encoder coupling, I've just had a problem with inconsistent diameters that turned out to be a loose grub screw on the encoder, almost sent me mental....

How did you find this problem, part sizes varying? Have you checked the x-axis encoder coupling, I've just had a problem with inconsistent diameters that turned out to be a loose grub screw on the encoder, almost sent me mental....

Yes, both ID & OD is getting smaller.
I thought about that since I had that problem before on another machine but then it should not go back to normal by a reboot.

I have now checked all mechanical things I can think of.
I am now thinking of switch the servodrivers between spindle 1 and 2 to se if problem move to spindle 2, these are battery backed up and I guess it would be a good idea to remove batteries while doing this to force them to rehome axises.
Anything I should think of when I switch them?

I have now checked all mechanical things I can think of.
I am now thinking of switch the servodrivers between spindle 1 and 2 to se if problem move to spindle 2, these are battery backed up and I guess it would be a good idea to remove batteries while doing this to force them to rehome axises.
Anything I should think of when I switch them?

you didnt home the machine after power cycling, doest it have absolute encoders system that has servo amps with batteries? Means, you dont have to home your machine after reboot?

does it have magne scale installed on Z and X axis?

looks like your X-axis servo has little battery to remember position, for absolute system detection. If you home X-axis and machine coordinate is X=0.000 , then after machine reboot (nothing has moved ) but X=0.075 that means X-axis home position shifted for some reason. looks Like machine thinks, that to be able to get X-axis back to zero, you must move it a bit. If in absolute detection home is shifted, then all tools are affected sure.

Best way will be to try to swap sides or disable absolute detection, if you have it ( it is parameter enabled, some parameter inside MRS servo unit)

o crap, I didnt see you already mentioned about batteries. Just disable absolute detection and home X and Z every time you power cycle machine, then run it as normal and see if the problem is still there. Parameter S33 for T32 and it is 17 STY inside MRS unit. What is it that you have as S33?
S33. Bit 7 , make it zero. The rest of number is the same.

you didnt home the machine after power cycling, doest it have absolute encoders system that has servo amps with batteries? Means, you dont have to home your machine after reboot?

does it have magne scale installed on Z and X axis?

No, I dont need to home it after reboot.
I dont think I have magna scales, I know I have the same encoders as T3/T3 machines have on the end of ballscreew.
Could it be that I have booth "magna scale" and "ballscreew encoder"?

No, I dont need to home it after reboot.
I dont think I have magna scales, I know I have the same encoders as T3/T3 machines have on the end of ballscreew.
Could it be that I have booth "magna scale" and "ballscreew encoder"?

try to disable Absolute home position return, it is either encoder or amplifier is faulty in your case.

you can have 3 encoders : 1- servo motor encoder to run this AC motor, 1- ball screw encoder if you have belt or any gearbox, 1-magne scale to check axis position as it is sort of better then rotary encoders.

I dont think S33 is the correct parameter...
Do you have the complete parameter list?
View attachment 246758

it is correct. God knows why bananas made them DEC instead of HEX.
so S33 for X axis 148, DEC into BIN is 148 ->1001 0100 ( 7 bit.6 bit....5......1....0 bit)

here is your 7 th bit is 1, make it 0 , so you have it like 0001 0100, then make it back into DEC (Windows calculator does it), and your new number is 20.

Try to make S33 (x axis) = 20 and see if it works.

P.S.

Z axis S33 = 212, DEC into BIN , 1101 0100‬ (same story, 7th bit is 1) , Change them all, make all axises home return (dog home return after power cycling) instead of Absolute position detection. Have it running for a day or two just, to see if there is a difference. Wonder what happens next.

P.S.S

can you send a picture of parameters S1-S32????

Hi, Sorry for a late answer.
This machine is not used that much since we have not found any job for it yet.
And if we just doing some small jobs it works.
But yeterday I used it for several hours and the problem remains even if I changed the parameters and switched the X & Y driver unit from Spindle 1 to Spindle 2.
So next step is to switch the encoder/sensor at X axis ballscrew end with spindle 2

I switched the X axis encoders and was expecting the problem to stay on spindle 1 or move to spindle 2 but the problem did go away.
That make this even stranger but I guess I narrowed the problem down to the encoder.

Back