What's new
What's new

Need help with a t-2 control problem

novation1

Plastic
Hi All,
I'm having a programming problem with my machine. It's a QT-8 SP with a T-2 control. I won't let me program more than one line in a program. I entered a small program straight out of a Mazak programming manual, except for converting the dimensions to inches. Attached are pictures of the program. It had only 5 lines. If there are any more than 1 line I get an "illegal cutting point" error. I started with the 5 lines and erased one line at a time to see if the error would go away. It didn't go away until there was just 1 line left. I used the example from the manual just to see if what I was originally trying to input was way off. I thought it just wouldn't let program a taper.

Anyone know which card in the control the geometry is generated from? Or any other logical step I could take to track this problem down. It had been working okay until a couple of days ago. Of course it never quits working until you really need it not to! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

01975775f3ada952bf047b861b61c76b67b916edf1.jpg01eb2e0829f0ddab8fb1e7551477a227279918be96.jpg010f57c44e8f8be5b2123cc02147d06ade0ec62b23.jpg018384944e6a3431802f5afa0e9d3b4b4174e1c388.jpg0151b38de2cda25ce4c69fa033e418be7b3855111f.jpg

The CPT-X has to be at least as large as the largest X-value in your geometry lines! That’s probably your issue right there.

For the T2 control, the Mazatrol software and memory are on the FX784-8 and FX784-9 boards. On later T2’s they combine to one FX884 board.

Sometimes a micro-chip on one of these boards will fail, and you will get all sorts of craziness at the control when programming.

First thing to try is to re-initialize the control. (Mazak and Mitsubishi Electric Automation will have the procedure). You will lose all your programs and parameters, so plan ahead!

Worst case, you can substitute the FX784/884 Mazatrol boards (EBay), although you have to be sure you are buying ones for lathes. They will have “T2” or “YT2” somewhere on the chips or the board itself. And the 784-8 and 784-9 have to be the same version...

Good luck with it!

ToolCat Greg

I don't think it is a control problem. I entered the same program into my QT15 yesterday to see if I could figure it out and got the same thing. And did not figure it out. I have had similar sorts of problems so thanks Greg!

Thanks Guys,
It was my programming error that was causing the problem. I change the value in CPT-X and the problem went away. Sure glad it wasn't some other control problem. I had enough of that last year trying to get this thing to even run. Just need to spend more time with Mazatrol so I might eventually remember what to put where and how to find it later.

Anyone reading this in the Ohio area that might want to help me with some of the things that only a person that has been working on a early Mazatrol machine would know I'd sure appreciate the help. I'd even come to your shop if you have a machine you can show me on.

Thanks again,
Bob

Back