What's new
What's new

Need to level Micro Slant 15 - anyone know angle or have mounting plate for level

llf264

Cast Iron
Hi guys, was hoping somone knew the proper angle that the lower way face and or turret square shank face should be when the machine is properly level. Or would anyone happen to have the factory level mounting base that they could loan me for a small fee?

Best Regards,
LLF264
DFW Area

Sorry to hijack your thread, but can you please take some pictures of the parameters and barrier and post them here or mail them, I've spent over a week trying to gather the info on the net, but most is for QT10 or QT20.
Noticed that there are not many MS15 out there, wonder why ?
Thank you very much.
Regards,
Tom.
P.S.
I have not gotten to levelling it yet, it's been sitting here for 3 years, now i finally had a bit of time to play with it aaand the memory is gone. It was in perfect working order, so i deserve to be shot in public for not taking better care of it.

Sure thing Tom. PM me your email and I'll scan you my parameter list. It's two pages.

What are you referring to when you say barrier?

Back on thread, I believe that the maint manual is telling me that the lower bedway face should be 70 deg from floor for rough level.

We are cutting pretty straight now, but I want to dial it in as best I can.

I have a Fanuc 6T-B control on my machine. What drives etc does your machine use? Not certain if my parameters will work for you with different controls. I imagine you could look up the Fanuc control parameters and decode them from my list then transliterate into the mazak control if different.

Mine has Mitsubishi everything, drives are TR30, Meldas spindle drive, etc.
Also very different parameters.

What brand is the spindle motor and control?
Fanuc or Mitsubishi.
Fanuc motors and spindle controls have unique problems, some surface on a machine with no problems after a move.
The Mitsubishi are much better.
If this machine has sat awhile, do motor brush maintenance first and get her running before worrying about leveling.

How many turret positions do you have? 10 or 12?

Bill

12 pos. turret. New brushes, belts, and pulled the motor assemblies down to the keys to make sure everything was clean, tight and straight. Sheetmetal pulled ansmd new gaskets installed. Time to get it as straight as possible everwhere that we can.

Back