New batteries M2
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    235
    Likes (Received)
    152

    Default New batteries M2

    Hey guys, I'm guessing this means I need new batteries.



    Where do they go, how many are there, and where is the best place to buy them? (I'll do my T2 lathe at the same time)

    Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    114
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default

    Ya, you have a weak 1 in one of the boards. Mine does that every time I first start it for the day. Once I have it on for a min, it won't come back till next day no Matter how many times I turn it on or off. It is because I went to batteries n bulbs and paid a whopping 10bucks for a new (junky,3$ a cell) replacement. (I'm on my 3rd warranty battery because the guy keeps crushing the battery when spot welding it) 1cell is week. So do yourself the favor and don't cheap out! Lol.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    114
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default

    Mine has 3 or 4 boards with them. The fx702, fx784-8, fx784-9, and maybe fx231D? I don't remember off the top of my head. I know you should change them at end of shift, not beginning because the backup capacitor will hold memory for 3 min for you to swap batteries. Use a socket screw driver for speed .

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    114
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default

    Still for now just hit reset and ot. Machine will start.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    235
    Likes (Received)
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jgryz450 View Post
    Still for now just hit reset and ot. Machine will start.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Yeah been doing that for about a month now New batteries M2

    Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    114
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xa-mont View Post
    Yeah been doing that for about a month now New batteries M2

    Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    Hehehe, 4 months. Our M32 control ajv has been doing it every morning for the last 15 years LOL but that's a completely different set up

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  7. Likes xa-mont liked this post
  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    114
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jgryz450 View Post
    Hehehe, 4 months. Our M32 control ajv has been doing it every morning for the last 15 years LOL but that's a completely different set up

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Are ajv does it even with brand new batteries LOL like I said that one's completely different it takes like a motorcycle battery and the one battery like ours in one of the boards. I believe our machine throws that alarm on from one of the batteries goes below 3 volts in the one I told you about likes to stay around 2.6 but besides having to hit reset I don't have any issues just make sure you have a backup set of your parameters

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jgryz450 View Post
    Are ajv does it even with brand new batteries LOL like I said that one's completely different it takes like a motorcycle battery and the one battery like ours in one of the boards. I believe our machine throws that alarm on from one of the batteries goes below 3 volts in the one I told you about likes to stay around 2.6 but besides having to hit reset I don't have any issues just make sure you have a backup set of your parameters

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    My horizontal M32 there are one motorcycle battery, one of the 3 button style batteries on one of the boards ( cant remember which one offhand and there is another one in the panel below the floppy drive. You may have missed one if you still get the alarm with new batteries.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    114
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sudsy55 View Post
    My horizontal M32 there are one motorcycle battery, one of the 3 button style batteries on one of the boards ( cant remember which one offhand and there is another one in the panel below the floppy drive. You may have missed one if you still get the alarm with new batteries.
    Holy sgyt your rite! Son of a beeess.......lol. that I never knew,,,,,,,,i thought we got em all.....lol. I'm gonna check that out Monday! Thanks!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    114
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default

    Hey sudsy what horizontal do you have? It takes a lot for me to be jealous........having your own horizontal would do that! Haha. Does yours have a live 4th? I ran 3 late 90s 4800s and 1 early 2000 and I loved em! 40 cat and small pallets but tons of fun!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jgryz450 View Post
    Hey sudsy what horizontal do you have? It takes a lot for me to be jealous........having your own horizontal would do that! Haha. Does yours have a live 4th? I ran 3 late 90s 4800s and 1 early 2000 and I loved em! 40 cat and small pallets but tons of fun!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I have a Mazak H500. I think the 4th is only indexing. Haven't set it up yet.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    114
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default

    Nice! 50 cat? When I was looking around I saw they were still pricey! Hey back to the battery topic quick,,,do you think my hazy graphics page might be do to a poorly done reinishalization procedure? I had a heck of a time trying to drain the capacitor with a resister?!
    Thanks

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jgryz450 View Post
    Nice! 50 cat? When I was looking around I saw they were still pricey! Hey back to the battery topic quick,,,do you think my hazy graphics page might be do to a poorly done reinishalization procedure? I had a heck of a time trying to drain the capacitor with a resister?!
    Thanks

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    BT40. I doubt the batteries would have anything to do with hazy graphics. You might be able to sharpen them up by adjustments on the back of the monitor. I use a small light globe to drain the caps but can take a few tries to drain completely.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xa-mont View Post
    Hey guys, I'm guessing this means I need new batteries.



    Where do they go, how many are there, and where is the best place to buy them? (I'll do my T2 lathe at the same time)

    Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    Yep time for new ones. I used cordless ph batteries. I made up some wire extensions to fit to the board and fitted a 2 pin plug on the other end. Then fitted the matching plug to the batteries. That way next time they need changing just fit a plug to the new batteries, unplug the old and plug in the new

  16. Likes xa-mont liked this post
  17. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    114
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sudsy55 View Post
    Yep time for new ones. I used cordless ph batteries. I made up some wire extensions to fit to the board and fitted a 2 pin plug on the other end. Then fitted the matching plug to the batteries. That way next time they need changing just fit a plug to the new batteries, unplug the old and plug in the new
    I tryd that,,,,, mine wouldn't charge?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •