What's new
What's new

New To Mazak Lathes

KDF

Plastic
Hello I am brand new to Mazak lathes! We have a Nexus QT250 with live tooling. I have ran Mori lathes for years and always used G54 for first side of part and then put my second side as g55 with a -.06 difference to move in for my second side. How is this done on a MAZAK using the EIA program. G54 and G55 does not seem to do anything as far as facing .06 off the second side. I really need a quick sample of say tool #1 facing and turning of each side in a single program. I really feel lost as far as this goes. I can write a program no problem but lost on this lathe for 1st and second side. NOT a sub spindle machine. Thanks for any help
:o

Hello I am brand new to Mazak lathes! We have a Nexus QT250 with live tooling. I have ran Mori lathes for years and always used G54 for first side of part and then put my second side as g55 with a -.06 difference to move in for my second side. How is this done on a MAZAK using the EIA program. G54 and G55 does not seem to do anything as far as facing .06 off the second side. I really need a quick sample of say tool #1 facing and turning of each side in a single program. I really feel lost as far as this goes. I can write a program no problem but lost on this lathe for 1st and second side. NOT a sub spindle machine. Thanks for any help

I dont know if any of this helps but on youtube there is a good channel. He goes over a lot.

Mazatrol Tips and Tricks - YouTube

Mazak lathes work better using G53.5 instead of G54. That is the "mazatrol coordinate system" but it works essentially the same. The big difference is every program will have it's own offset. You set this offset for Z (and C if you have milling) on the setup information page. Any tool that has been taught in tool data can be used to teach the offset.

How is this done on a MAZAK using the EIA program. G54 and G55 does not seem to do anything as far as facing .06 off the second side. I really need a quick sample of say tool #1 facing and turning of each side in a single program.

I would not shut out Mazatrol for its designed to do exactly what you said real fast.
When classes start up again after Covid19 I would sign up and its free.

I run an integrex with sub and use mastercam 2020.. 90% of the time all my turning is done via mazatrol but any complex/hsm toolpaths are done in iso and linked as a sub program call. Mazatrol turning is very easy to pick up once you understand how it works. A good machinist with the right teacher would only need an hour max to understand the bulk of any turning you'll ever do. My advice is stick with mazatrol. Basically the WPC is the same as G54-59 except it uses that one datum point on both spindles. When you go from one spindle to the other using a transfer unit its essentially just shifting the work coordinate by a value on that unit. Keep in mind on spindle 1 x positive is upwards and spindle 2 x positive is downwards. Also in iso left of the WPC Z0 will be negative values and on spindle 2 left of the WPC Z0 will be positive

i am gonna rely on that as well. i hate using G code to program. do you guys run any integrexes?

We have four of the beauties. All the way from 1987(?) to 2018. Sweet. We do not do any 5 axis work, so Mazatrol handles everything we need to do quite nicely. Thinking about trading in our older Bartac for a brand new one.

Back