What's new
What's new

New to me QT20 and wiring question - 460v tag vs 230v wiring

trelos_zoi

Plastic
Well new machine day, new to us anyway.. Got a 1998 QT20 the other day in Louisville, KY.
Question on wiring setup.. or more like confirming what I think. Tag on machine has 460v on outside but pulling cover on transformer has a tag showing No'sfor different voltage configurations. According to this tag #1 is 460v and #3 is 230v. Looking at numbers and wires on transformer it would appear it is already setup on 230v..is this correct? Please see attached photos.

Oh for other interesting fun if you notice oil around machine photo we had lots of fun with 15,000lb forklift getting pin hole in power steering line and pissing all over the shop floor and turning it into a skating rink. Needless to say my number one spotter (the wife) was not pleased at 8pm on a tuesday night! Wednesday morning involved several bags of floor dry and cat litter...

Thanks!
IMG_5430.jpgIMG_5451.jpgIMG_5450.jpgIMG_5448 (002)_LI.jpg

it would appear to me you are correct on the 230 if im reading that right. ive never seen one like that .the one in my qt15 is totally different than that. i also bought one in louisville last week. id rather have yours though. it probably works lol

Thanks for reply.. It worked before we unhooked it.. ;)
It needs a couple gallons of simple green and chips cleaned out. Little nasty around hydraulic tank area etc as well. but it came with all manuals, tooling, repair history, and a 4' bar feeder, oh and 12 station turret vs the 8 on most. It was a one owner as well. Hoping it turns out to be a good one... time will tell.

Back