What's new
What's new

OD grooving cycle #1 problem mazatrol T2

panscan

Plastic
Hi,

I'm suffering with a grooving problem. Making a grove with starting 3mm radius start-x 80. start-z 10. end-x 70. end-z 10 endradius 3.
When you do check toolpaths it all seems normal it does rough pass and fine pass from left and right as it should. But when checking simulation it just enters in the middle of the groove as a rough pass and then stops without any message or anything. And it does the same thing when you run live it stops in the middle of the groove.

My overlap parameter U44 is set to 10. And this machine is metric so I'm not sure if that means 0.010mm of overlap allowed?

Can someone clearify this for me? I just bought this machine and its quite frustrating, can't find anything wrong in my program. And does the "toolpath check" and "simulation" have diffrences in them in more cases than this ? :)

Attachments

• groove1.jpg
    groove1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 201
  • groove2.jpg
    groove2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 231
Here you go. Its not english but you might be abel to read anyway.

Attachments

• groove3.jpg
    groove3.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 249
How wide is your grooving tool? I would have thought that would throw an illegal width error. The width needs to be groove width plus radius I'm pretty sure.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

The slot is 10mm wide as you see in the picture. And the grooving too is 3mm wide and 12mm long and 0 radius compensation.

Try making your groove width 15 just as a test and see what it does.

Same problem :(

It just freezes in the middle of the groove. And no error. What about the U44 parameter is that one correct?

Shouldn't really mate. But for the sake of argument, try changing it to 2000 (2mm) and see what the simulation gives you

No diffrence :( something else must be wrong. Maybe in the parameters. I manage to find that it goes as deep as i type in the pecking deepth .

Hi,

I just want to share the solution I found to this. It was not about the depth vs radius etc. Its was the parameter U45 that was set to "0". Its the grooving retract parameter. That explains why it did not work. But still intressting when you press "toolpath check" it showed the correct grooving cycle toolpath on the screen, but in simulation (and when running) it just freezed after end of first cut. Hehe.

U45 sets the feedrate (wonder why that was set to 0).
The toolpath check does not take any feedrate into calculation, only the endpoint of all moves.
The simulation simulates all the feedrates.
U45.jpg

Back