What's new
What's new

Oil skimmer for ST35n ATC MC coolant tank

AMThomas

Plastic
Hey guys.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an oil skimmer? I'm looking for something that will work dependably and be pretty reliable. I've been looking at a Mighty Mini from Abanaki. Is this a good skimmer, or are there better ones?

Thanks,
Aaron

Abanaki and Zebra both have good products. I have a zebra belt style skimmer and an unidentified brand wheel type. The wheel removes a shit ton of oil but needs a large space to work in.

The belt version fits into smaller areas. I have ours on a timer set to run 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off a few times in the middle of the night.

Works awesome.

i like the zebra product...we bought one and then we made a bunch of our own based on their design. if you want i can email you what we have going on...i just did the same thing with another guy this morn so icld just fwd u in on it

i dont see why not...you can deviate from our design in many ways, so long as you maintain the general theory...skim from top, aerate and seperate.

If you take a look on the zebra website.....there is an accessory called the "hammerhead", which is just another variation on the skimmer box. It's way simpler in design for someone who may not have sheet metal stuff to make the metal one. Could just use PVC, and something to create flotation.

Mike

If you take a look on the zebra website.....there is an accessory called the "hammerhead", which is just another variation on the skimmer box. It's way simpler in design for someone who may not have sheet metal stuff to make the metal one. Could just use PVC, and something to create flotation.

Mike

i agree...dont get carried away and make this project too complex.

Back