What's new
What's new

parameter error pp1-4,pz1-4 on vqc 20/50b??

Jgryz450

Cast Iron
so I went to fire up the machine after sitting for months and I wound up with a forien alarm along with spindle controller malf. I opened up the cabinet and didn't see any lights on the spindle drive? I seen that the 1 breaker/relay thing had its button not pulled in,,,(sorry,,i forgot what its called,there are 4 of em by the drive),so I pushed it in to see if its what powers the drive but nothing happened. I had to reload the parameters since it sat so long,,double checked my work,,all seemed good,,still had the alarm...when I bought the machine the drive was sent out to mits and they charged 800 to fix the power supply for the drive so I would hope it would last more then 2years... the machine comes to life,,homes out fine,,,shes a lil P.O'D from sitting so long. I wanted to start attacking the issue with my multi meter butt the 1 yr old demanded all my attention at home so I have no idea whats going on with 'er. did any of yous have similer issues with the older mits drives? any ideas were to start? everthing was fine the last time I used it. I guess its true that these machines want to be used and not sit considering the more it was used the better it worked? im open to all ides,,i have pics of the relay board and whats lit up as well. at first I though I entered the wronge parameter somwere but I couldn't find one unless I missed it? any ideas will be greatly appreciated!! thanks

Thank you! I will definitely try that! Do I really need the micro disk tho? It's a pain to borrow from work..also shouldn't I have some kind of light on ,on the spindle drive? And on your machine are all 4 contacts pulled in when you turn your vqc on? Thanks

So I had a backwards number in the axis parameter,,,that fixed the alarm no.118, but still had no power to the drive. I opened it up, checked the fuses (all good) and turned the breaker on and off (while machine was off to check the fuses) then turned it back on and I had power now!!? I started up a warm up program and all was good again until I went to close up the center door of the drive,,,,,it did not like its wires being moved I guess because at shut rite down,,,,,still with power tho. I then buttoned er back up and now all seems good once again! Knock on wood! I believe in (if it ain't broke, dont fix it!) But these 33yr old connections have me concerned... thanks sudzy for the help!

Back