UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question Part count - Matrix Nexus 2

Hi all,

I am working on a Mazatrol Matrix Nexus 2 controller on a Mazak lathe. Got a barfeeder and programs that end with M99 so they can just run in a loop.

For some odd reason, the machine is only counting M30's when it increments the macro for the part count (#3901) as opposed to counting M99's as well.

I know I can add a line in each program, right before the M99, stating #3901=#3901 + 1, but this is suboptimal for my purposes, due to the fact that this line would have to be added to every single program this machine runs.

I was thinking about altering parameter TAP27 to 00000111 but I am pretty sure those "tape" parameters only apply to communications and not the part counter. Am I right on this? If so, is there a different parameter in there that I could alter, to have the machine count every M99 as a finished part?

Thanks for your help, I have referenced this forum for many years and have found it amazingly helpful.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've always used the method you described (count = count + 1).
    It is a point of reference at your loop point and after a while, it's in most of the programs and stands out like a sore thumb when it's missing.

In my humble opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you want to use the part counter without calling the system variable directly the only real way is to use M998 instead of M99. Format as below:

M998 Q1. (PROGRAM CHAIN WITH PARTS COUNT INCREMENT)

4. Likes MaCon liked this post