What's new
What's new

Programming error

SouthernTank

Plastic
Ok so im having and odd occurance. I'm running a part that's been modified to add a hole in the center on a lathed part. The program ran fine until I added the drilling cycle, it keeps saying out of material limit, however the limits are miles off from being out of shape.

It goes past the drilling cycle and works unil the last finishing bar face cycle...any ideas? I asked around, so far everyone's stumped

Guessing there is some material definition on the machine that is wonky.
not a mazak guy, but i'm sure the first question is what generation of control?

It goes past the drilling cycle and works unil the last finishing bar face cycle...any ideas? I asked around, so far everyone's stumped

Cannot BAR FCE smaller than drilled diameter. Machine now thinks there is no material there to face off.

Lie to the machine and make the drill diameter in the drilling process a smaller diameter equal to or less than the BAR FCE diameter.

Second option would be to finish the face with EDGE process as is as the hole diameter is ignored.

It sounds like your exceeding your part length on the heading line with your drill depth. If your getting the alarm on the facing move I would get rid of the ID min on on your heading line and make it 0.

Cannot BAR FCE smaller than drilled diameter. Machine now thinks there is no material there to face off.

Lie to the machine and make the drill diameter in the drilling process a smaller diameter equal to or less than the BAR FCE diameter.

Second option would be to finish the face with EDGE process as is as the hole diameter is ignored.
stupid mazak (let the trolling begin..)

Thanks Phil, the old stand by of "lie to me" worked...this thing dam sure has bugs or is tempermental...not sure which

Back