What's new
What's new

QT-15 / Mazatrol T-2 "spare" M codes

kb0thn

Stainless
Hi Guys,

I have a QT-15 with Mazatrol T-2. I'd like an output that I can turn on and off with an M code.

I'd like to add an air blast nozzle to blow off parts at the end of the program. We gauge threads before removing the parts from the lathe, so if we need to change a threading insert we can just do it and re-run without scrapping the part. But the operator ends having to grab the air chuck, blast the part, manually rotate the spindle, blast part again. It all adds up to real time. I'd like to just have a fixed air nozzle that I can turn on at the end of the program and let it be done automatically. If I had an output I could use a relay and solenoid and be a happy man.

Also / alternatively, is there a way to send anything programatically to the serial ports on the machine? With other machines we have had DPRNT which can write messages to the RS-232 port. Any Mazatrol equivalent or way of doing it with a ISO program? We have the ISO option on the lathe.

Thanks!

It appears that I might have a M58 "Air Blow" option. I can put that M code in an otherwise blank program and the spindle will run for a few seconds at 100 RPM and then the program will stop normally. If I put an M code for an option I apparently don't have, say Spindle Orientate, the program will never stop.

So if I have air blow M code, where do I physically / electrically find the output that is presumably being turned on?

Thanks

Back