Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello, Im having the same problem on QT18NSP.
    Did you just dumped 2 quarts of Marvel Mystery Oil into the hydraulic oil tank and that solved the problem?
    Did you do anything else?
    Mine turret was skipping 2 tools also.
    Now it does only occasionally on forward tool change and it still does that on reverse tool change.
    Hydraulic oil in the tank was emptyed and new oil added on purchase of the machine, but some old oil was probably still left in the system.
    Thank you.
    Best regards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mlinka View Post
    Hello, Im having the same problem on QT18NSP.
    Did you just dumped 2 quarts of Marvel Mystery Oil into the hydraulic oil tank and that solved the problem?
    Did you do anything else?
    Mine turret was skipping 2 tools also.
    Now it does only occasionally on forward tool change and it still does that on reverse tool change.
    Hydraulic oil in the tank was emptyed and new oil added on purchase of the machine, but some old oil was probably still left in the system.
    Thank you.
    Best regards.
    We never did solve our problem. It's as bad now when the machine is cold as it has ever been. I'm guessing that I need to do a rebuild on the turret hydraulic motor at some point.

On startup, we jumper the index button and let the turret index for 5 or 6 minutes. Once it warms up, it's never an issue. We're working on getting a different lathe and I might dig into this issue deeper after that happens and it's not our only machine. It really is an annoyance when it skips.

Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by J&H View Post
    We never did solve our problem. It's as bad now when the machine is cold as it has ever been. I'm guessing that I need to do a rebuild on the turret hydraulic motor at some point.

On startup, we jumper the index button and let the turret index for 5 or 6 minutes. Once it warms up, it's never an issue. We're working on getting a different lathe and I might dig into this issue deeper after that happens and it's not our only machine. It really is an annoyance when it skips.
    Ohhh, you gave me hope before
    My was skipping in both directions but today just in reverse.
    I also have the problem that is cold outside and that may be the problem.
    How did you jumper the index button for turret to spin? Just behind the control panel?
    I also noticed if I hold the turret spin button for a while the turret doesnt skip, but the issue comes back after a while.
    Maybe I didnt hold it long enough.

If the turret stops in AUTO mode you dont have to power down the machine, just go to TEST mode and input the current tool Txx and hit START. Then you can rotate turret again.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT 15 I used to run done the same thing especially when it was cold. We replaced the valve body in the turret and it fixed it.

Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by edge22 View Post
    QT 15 I used to run done the same thing especially when it was cold. We replaced the valve body in the turret and it fixed it.
    Hello, and thank you.
    Do you mean this valve one on picture?
    20190210_143746.jpg
    Do you know what this screw in red circle is for?
    Thank you.

Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hy, maybe try to install ball valve on the hydraulic line that goes to the turret hydraulic valve connection "P".
    This worked for me.
    The turret now spins softer and slower.
    I should use hydraulic flow adjusting valve, but water ball valve is way cheaper to test if the thing will help.
    20190214_115219.jpg

7. Likes cnctoolcat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If the turret stops in AUTO mode you dont have to power down the machine, just go to TEST mode and input the current tool Txx and hit START. Then you can rotate turret again.
    We confirmed yesterday that this works and it's a good time saver. Thanks for the tip!

Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We confirmed yesterday that this works and it's a good time saver. Thanks for the tip!
    No problem, thats least what I can do to contribute to community.

Maybe you should try installing a valve on pressure line to turret to limit the flow and you turret would work without skipping tools.

Im happy how mine works now 😁

10. Likes J&H liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No problem, thats least what I can do to contribute to community.

Maybe you should try installing a valve on pressure line to turret to limit the flow and you turret would work without skipping tools.

Im happy how mine works now ��

I intend to. We bought a newer turning center and after we get it here and running, I intend to try the valve on the old QT15 and also some other maintenance items that it needs.

I'll report back..

Country
    SLOVENIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I intend to. We bought a newer turning center and after we get it here and running, I intend to try the valve on the old QT15 and also some other maintenance items that it needs.

I'll report back..
    Nice, best of luck 👍