What's new
What's new

QT-8 T2 control reset of machine zero after crash?

vonblowseph

Cast Iron
Hello,

I am re-visiting a problem that I had about 4 years ago....
This is the thread that I started back then for the issue that I am having now....

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...d-stroke-error-parameter-check-please-329739/

The problem is that I want to turn a 6.5" long part on my lathe.
When I run the simulation it gives me a error 103 Z axis stored stroke limit.
I have changed the B2 parameters to try and provide some more space in the soft limits but the error persists.

I had crashed the machine into the tailstock over 4 years ago. When that happened it made my graphics look wrong and it wouldn't run any of my long tools.

I had to reset my tools and I moved some of the parameters related to the graphics or the tool eye position related to the graphics (I don't recall exactly which one) and this gave me the ability to run a longish boring bar on a medium length part.

This machine has 8 inches or more of travel in the Z axis so I theoretically have enough room to turn the OD of this 6.5" long part.

I read some stuff on the internet about a grid jump? What does that mean? Is it possible that during the crash my machine needs to get reset to where it is now? Is that where my problem lies?

Thanks for listening
Appreciate the help

I spoke to Mazak a few times about this yesterday.
So I have a bit of an update in case anyone cares.
I had adjusted my M43 parameter (tool edge measurement sensor position in Z) so that my graphics wouldn't look so weird.
While it fixed my graphics issue it wouldn't let me run a part longer than six inches.
I have switched it back to its original number (14950) This change will now let me run a longer part.
Still the graphics are wayyy off and I don't know how to fix that.
IMG_20211006_140005472.jpg
IMG_20211006_140321811.jpg

As you can see the tools are way forward of the turret.
For reference the part in green is 6.5 inches long and the drill is actually sticking out 2" from the turret.
Not sure why this is happening and the guys at Mazak are not sure how to fix it either.

Thanks for looking

Okay,
so the guys at Mazak were able to help me fix this.
Parameter B18 (B2#2) was 168700 so I changed it to 130000 and that put the tool in a more realistic position in the graphics.
The parameter description is reference tool position in the Z direction.
Super huge thanks to the guys at Mazak who are willing to help a real dufus with his 35 year old CNC lathe

For the T2 control, you "grid shift" after a crash using parameters ZP-X and ZP-Z (zero point X & Z). These are in metric, it seems like 254 changes the grid .001". (Makes sense I guess...haha)

I believe you have to power-down the control for the changes to take...

ToolCat

Back